Ratings and Reactions: Luton v Villa

limpid

If this doesn't make Tony and RDM appreciate the awful standard of the squad and the shattered glass mentality of the players then nothing will.

Baker, Gardener, were loaned out for a reason
Richards is just as garbage as he was last season, so is Hutton, Gestede, Westwood, Bacuna, Cissokho.
Okore i had always rated, but on this display words fail me.
If we continue to pretend that these muppets can be reformed then we will soon be relegated to league one.
So far we have got rid off some dead wood but also sold some of our better players, which has reduced our midfield to the standard of our defence.

Forget promotion we need to halt the slide first.

Edited by VillanousOne

You can't buy a team character and this team lacks it in spades, tactics were predictable. Okore isn't anywhere near a championship players, he was hopeless tonight , the rest were nearly as crap I have watched under 12 play better football , sad day, time foe me to step back from it all for a month or two . UTV 

• Like 1

The worry for me about that performance is not just that we got ourselves humiliated on national television yet again, but that we don't have much time to put things right. We now have home games against two sides that will probably be towards the foot of the table. If we can't get results in those fixtures - and to be honest, you wouldn't bet on us - then we are in the position of losing games to relegation candidates at home, which doesn't lead anywhere good. 

• Like 1

Gardner and Tschibola were awful.  Tschibola doesn't look a starter to me and Gardner isn't good enough for the bench.  Earlier in the week people were touting Green as the answer for us down the right - not on that showing. He's only a young lad so his time may come but he is not the answer at the moment. Grealish again failed to make any real impact

We need about 6 new signings including a complete midfield to be anything like.  It's fine clearing out all the deadwood but we need to see a few more coming in. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Bunnski said:

We played like a team of Micah Richards, calamity stuff.  Bunn, Grealish and Ayew the only ones who get any credit, the rest were poison.  

Sorry but Grealish gets no 'credit' from me - I thought he was poor and did nothing to secure a place for the weekend. If he's half the player he supposed to be then he should be tearing league 2 sides a new one. Bang average going forward and nowhere when we don't have the ball

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, darrenm said:

Big reaction required.

Amavi 5

Grealish 4

Everyone else 1

Luton have 11 better players than us.

I think that you are unfair on Dunn -  8. We could have lost by at least another 2 and he seemed to command his area well.

• Like 1

Just now, VillaBrum said:

I think that you are unfair on Dunn -  8. We could have lost by at least another 2 and he seemed to command his area well.

Sorry Bunn (Dunn would probably have scored 8/10 as well!)

• Like 1

Ok, let's start with the positives:

-

Now that's out of the way onto my thoughts.

Bunn had a decent game and made a fair few saves.  He was left over exposed by a woeful defence especially in the second half.  He does not inspire any confidence though, I think Gollini is most definitely first choice.

The less said about the defence the better.  Amavi was at fault for the first goal, Richards is a shell of himself from last season (which isn't saying a lot), Baker did ok in fairness but I feel he needs to experience of Elphick next to him, Okore should never wear a Villa shirt again and Hutton should not be allowed near a football again.

Lots of energy from Green and Tshibola but they were not able to convert that to end product.  Gardner reminded me of Westwood, so much so that I forgot he was on the pitch.  Grealish looked confident on the ball and was probably our best player tonight (again, not saying a lot).

Ayew showed that petulant streak again and was lucky not to be sent off.  I've never quite understood the buzz around him, personally I would be happy to see the back of him if a bid was made.  McCormack didn't offer much tonight either and I fear that he will struggle without any service.  I thought he had been sent off but apparently Gestede came on?  Shame he didn't bother turning up!

A lot of work needs to be done still.  I'm not quite sure why RDM put out some of the players who had such a big hand in last year's downfall but hopefully this has opened his eyes and Xia's chequebook.  A big reaction is needed here otherwise we will be playing Luton in the league soon enough.

• Like 1

Yes Ayew was terrible. In fairness we had a lot of bad luck. Everything went Luton's way but we weren't clinical enough and made the same type of errors we kept making last season. Hopefully the confidence hasn't bee too dented because we played some wonderful stuff first 30 minutes. 

1 minute ago, PaulC said:

Yes Ayew was terrible. In fairness we had a lot of bad luck. Everything went Luton's way but we weren't clinical enough and made the same type of errors we kept making last season. Hopefully the confidence hasn't bee too dented because we played some wonderful stuff first 30 minutes. 

in all fairness, there really isn't any confidence to dent.

Â