Ratings and Reactions: Luton v Villa

limpid

Barring the first 20 or so minutes, where we played positively and with purpose, we were absolute garbage and deserve the mocking we will rightly receive.

Hardly anyone comes out with any credit, both McCormack and Ayew looked to be linking up better than Sunday and I thought Green started positively too.

However, Richards, Okore, Gardner and Grealish reached new heights in ineffective footballing folklore - totally shambolic.

It's true, we didn't have the rub of the green where shots against the woodwork were concerned but we positively gifted them all three goals through comical defending yet again.

I'm glad Dr X was there to witness his employees clearly not  fighting for the shirt. They should be ashamed of themselves.

If Tony has sense he will pay off some contracts tomorrow  - Okore, Hutton, Gestede & Gardner aren't even Championship standard. That is more than Richards deserves though, i'd just club him round the head and dash him in a ditch.

• Like 2

Wow. That was poor.

First half was OK to be fair, certainly first 20 minutes or so. 

Why why why was Richards put to CB? Awful there last season and was the weak link in the defence in first half being out of position all the time! 

Midfield were absent again. 

RDM - not good from you either. Disappointed.

Not the end of the world, but hopefully a wake up call.

Tony, get your cheque book out, you are going to need it!

• Like 1

If anyone can find any positives from our first two games then their house must be full of needles! We are quite a few decent players and a long way off being able to compete in the fizzy pop league if we can't even outplay a League 2 side. I see absolutely no change from previous seasons and there are too many players that are like a permanent tumor in the squad and they need to be cut out before we die.

Edited by pacbuddies
  • Like 1

disgusting, disgraceful, despicable, it's last season again, I thought the takeover had cleansed that sense of numbing inevitability, how sad that that sense has returned so quickly. **** every last one of the useless bastards. Di Matteo needs to get to work pronto. I never want to see some of those wasters again. 

• Like 1

Bunch of **** losers with a disgusting losing mentality.

None of them care. They're all better players than their Luton counterparts, but every one to a man played worse.

Shame on them. There is a cancer at our club. Still no effort at the top to bring players in, still no shade of tactics or a motivational figure on the touch lines, still eleven players who literally couldn't give a **** about us our our club.

Jores Okore. If I saw him I would shit in my hand and throw it at his useless **** face.

Edited by Cizzler
  • Like 1

Di Matteo looked like Roy Hodgson , clueless and beaten.

We are very like the national side, lots of overrated players in our own little bubble.

That Amavi fella? LOL He's just as rubbish as the rest of them , 8 games 7 losses with him playing. 

And now apparently Bunn is a 10 for conceding 3 goals and making a TV save? Lets make him a hero? 

We were relevant in the 80's but won't be relevant again for most of our lifetimes.

Aston Villa = "Little England".  

• Like 1

Not as an excuse for anything but we do have the most ridiculous bad luck. Deflections and kicks from other teams go against the bar and post where we get ridiculous deflections that cause okore to get confused and stab it in the corner. Did the Alton towers hex branch come from villa park or something? 

• Like 1

all involved punished to a thousand lines...

i must try harder, this is Aston Villa. I must play for the team, i must play for the fans, i must play for the badge. I will not hide. I will work harder. I will.

Oh, and Richards, Okore, Hutton, Gestede, Gardener, Bacuna, Westwood, Cissokho go and stand in the corner for the whole season.

Once again we played well for thirty mins and spent an hour outdoing ourselves as the National Laughing Stock.

Dont know if Baker had a knock but Hutton coming on for him was the worst possible thing that could've happened. Captain Awful back into the middle to 'marshal' the defence and we got what we've been getting for the last year or so. 

Really ramps up the pressure ahead of Saturday. What a farce we are :(

Â