UKIP/Reform NF Ltd and their non-racist well informed supporters

chrisp65

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
28 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Wouldn’t expect anything else from a town so backward and scared they killed a monkey in case it was French.

Better safe than sorry. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, peterms said:

And elected Peter Mandelson.

I've heard many stories about Mandy's time in Hartlepool, but one of my favourite stories is almost certainly not true, which is the time he referred to mushy peas as guacamole, when eating fish and chips. 

24 minutes ago, dAVe80 said:

I've heard many stories about Mandy's time in Hartlepool, but one of my favourite stories is almost certainly not true, which is the time he referred to mushy peas as guacamole, when eating fish and chips. 

I'm sure it's untrue, but at the same time communicates a timeless truth about him.  Can't  really see him in a chippy.

Perhaps he's eaten goujons of sole at a reception, but not guacamole with them.  And the idea of him getting a takeaway fish and chips and eating it in the street is a bridge too far.  It's something one of his drivers might do,  and so he might notice it as part of human experience, but as something alien to his way of life.

I;m just going to leave this here... 

Ukip leader accused of insulting party over conference no-show

Richard Braine has pulled out of the conference in Newport after fewer than 450 tickets were sold

The leader of Ukip has been accused of a “complete insult” after he decided to boycott his own party conference due to low ticket sales.

Richard Braine has pulled out of the conference after fewer than 450 tickets were sold for the two-day event. The party was hoping to attract double the amount of delegates to the event in Newport, south Wales, later this month.

In the latest furore to engulf the party infamous for its public spats, the Ukip chair, Kirstan Herriot, wrote to all members stating new leader Braine had attempted to cancel the conference due to a potentially low turnout.

In the email sent to all members, Herriot, backed by Ukip’s ruling national executive committee (NEC), said Braine’s stance had been a complete affront to “hard-working” party members. She confirmed the conference would go ahead despite Braine’s no-show.

She wrote: “Both I and the NEC believe it is a complete insult to the membership to attempt to cancel conference because of a potentially low turn out. It is also a particular affront to hard-working regional, county and branch officers who have worked hard in encouraging members to attend conference to hear Richard lay out his vision for the future of Ukip. It is therefore a particular shame that he has decided not to do this.”

In order to increase delegate numbers, the party said it had now decided to offer some free single-day tickets and those who had paid for their one-day ticket would be offered a refund.

Herriot’s email added that Braine was still welcome to take his “rightful place” on the conference stage should he have a “change of heart”.

Ukip has suffered a slump in the polls following the rise of the Brexit party, which was founded by Nigel Farage after he quit Ukip over the former leader Gerard Batten’s anti-Islam views and links to the far-right activist Tommy Robinson.

Ukip’s ruling NEC blocked Batten from standing again for the leadership, but his ally Braine was elected by the membership instead. In a vote of members with a turnout of about 25%, Braine received 53% of the vote.

:crylaugh:

• Haha 2

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Â