Pre-Match thread

OutByEaster?

Like almost all  of our matches this season, this one will be like a cup-tie for the opposition.

Ah...hang on...

Anyways, we really need to give them a proper thumping and bang in at least 3-4 goals. Can't let our non-winning streak go on any longer. Something has to happen to turn things around and why not start here?

Edited by briny_ear
  • Like 1

I really think this is a great chance to put out a strong XI and get the team some confidence. We haven't won a match that has mattered in a long time. I think putting out a weaker team will do us nothing. 

I got to work early today (I'm on 7pm till 7am) to make sure everything was ok so i could watch the game, bloody idiot, god knows why i thought it was this evening. 

I'd play 4-4-2

Bunn

Bacuna Hutton Westwood Cissokho

Hutton Westwood Gestede Cissokho

Bacuna Gestede

so they'd be so knackered they would need resting for the rest of the season

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Grasshopper said:

I'd play 4-4-2

Bunn

Bacuna Hutton Westwood Cissokho

Hutton Westwood Gestede Cissokho

Bacuna Gestede

so they'd be so knackered they would need resting for the rest of the season

I know Bunn is a short arse but come on, did you really need to use a smaller font??

• Like 2

7 hours ago, useless said:

CpbPZ5wWEAAOYBN.png

I'm reposting this so that people can stop suggesting we play our strongest XI. 

How many seasons would you have to go back to find the last time we didn't massively rotate the squad in our first round of League Cup involvement?

I honestly cba with wathing us limp to another defeat because we've rotated our squad in some belief that we've actually got capable players in reserve.

Full strength please. Let's get some form and confidence built. 

I'm confident here because I suspect we'll use the players we should be using in the league, like Grealish; and dropping the ones we shouldn't, like Bacuna.

We haven't won a game since February.

We are playing a 'weakened' team, live on TV against a team who want to cause an upset (though I'd suggest a Villa win would be an upset seeing as we haven't won since February).

The odds being offered on Luton seem quite generous.

24 minutes ago, villa89 said:

Wouldn't be the worst thing to get knocked out of this but I think we probably need to win tonight and score a few goals to get some confidence going.

I think the blue bit is why the purple bit is wrong.  Having already gone down a division and had a summer of relative optimism, to then be turfed out of this by a League 2 side having lost our opening fixture could set us back even further.  I'll take any win, but I'd really like a performance too.

3 minutes ago, BOF said:

I think the blue bit is why the purple bit is wrong.  Having already gone down a division and had a summer of relative optimism, to then be turfed out of this by a League 2 side having lost our opening fixture could set us back even further.  I'll take any win, but I'd really like a performance too.

I guess I meant that it wouldn't be a bad thing to be drawn against a good premier league team away in the next round, send out the kids and get knocked out. I agree that we need to win this tonight and bag a few goals.