Pre-Match thread

OutByEaster?

3 hours ago, Richard said:

I'd rest Elphick because of his head injury.  I'd like Amavi,  Tshibola and Grealish to start and hope Mccormack plays to get game time too.....

----------------------Gollini

Hutton-----Okore--------Baker------Amavi

--------Tshibola----------------Westwood

Bacuna-------Grealish----------Ayew

---------------Mccormack

But I rather suspect he will make a few more changes than this

1-3

I think it'll be something similar, but I'd have Bacuna at RB in place of Hutton and bring Gardner in as part of a midfield 3 to give him more minutes.

----------------------Gollini

Bacuna-----Okore--------Baker------Amavi

-----Tshibola---Gardner---Westwood

------Grealish------------------Ayew

-----------------Mccormack

Rest Elphick because of his head injury and play Toner or Okore in his place. Give Amavi a game for his fitness, but if he isn't fit I'd probably give Bennett a shot. Take Gestede out of the team and give Adama or Grealish a start. Take Bacuna out and give Tish a start so he has a chance to gel more. Keep the rest as is.

If the game goes our way, get Green in and give some of our other youngsters a shot.

I agree with the sentiment that we have to win this one for our confidence. This is such a winnable game too so there's really no reason not to go for it as the positive effects it would provide is something we need right now. Let's make this a goalfest!

0-4 (Scoremack hattrick ^^)

----------------------Steer--------------------

--Richards---Okore---Baker----Amavi---

-------------Tshibola----Westwood--------

----Ayew------McCormack----Grealish--

-----------------------Kozak------------------

Bring on Green, Veretout, and maybe Traore if fit.

2 hours ago, Richard said:

It's away from home isnt it Dave? so when a score is 1-3 the 1 sort of signifies the home team.

Always blows my mind when people do that! I get the logic, but I'd always put our score first and I suspect most people do. 

I accept that's not your problem! ;)

12 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Always blows my mind when people do that! I get the logic, but I'd always put our score first and I suspect most people do. 

I accept that's not your problem! ;)

haha, I do it all the time as I find it normally reduces confusion. I guess I was wrong ;)

anyone know how McCormack pulled up after the Wednesday game?  seemed to clutch at his hammy after missing the one on one and was shortly replaced by Grealish...  would not involve him if hes not right obviously.

hopefully amavi can get some game time, give okore a run and rest elphick...

Gollini

bacuna    baker    okore   amavi

Tsh     Westwood

Green        Grealish     Ayew

Gestede   (really need to replace him)

Wouldn't mind Grealish, Green & Hepburn-Murphy to get an extended run out with an Amavi appearance if he's right to go.

If Richards isn't going to get shipped out, I wouldn't be totally opposed to giving him some time at RB if it means no Hutton.

8 hours ago, PieFacE said:

I would honestly play a close to under 21 team for this game.  Think getting knocked out might do us a favour.  Just play the kids and see how far they can go.  

Well, as long as you're honest...

Go as strong as we can. If people are fully fit play them. We need a win. We need confidence. I'd still make changes but only to improve the team. If Amavi is fit start him. Get Ayew up front play Grealish.  Give Adama minutes if he's 100% fit start him aswell. 

Id go 

gollini

lyden Elphick baker Amavi 

Gardner Westwood Tish

Adama Ayew Grealish

i think McCormack is still getting his fitness so I'd save him for Saturday.