Pre-Match thread

OutByEaster?

I'd go for a wholesale change, RHM, Green, Lyden need minutes, Possibly Toner too.

Steer

Lyden? Okore Toner Amavi/Bennett

Green   Tish    Westwood    Grealish

RHM    Ayew/Mcscoremack 

No interest in the result.

21 minutes ago, V01 said:

I'd go for a wholesale change, RHM, Green, Lyden need minutes, Possibly Toner too.

Steer

Lyden? Okore Toner Amavi/Bennett

Green   Tish    Westwood    Grealish

RHM    Ayew/Mcscoremack 

No interest in the result.

lol thank god you're not manager. You'd prefer Okore and Toner to Elphick who was great all match. Baker also did well. Murphy hasn't even been with the main team, but sure throw him to the wolves and destroy him mentally when we does poorly. 

We narrowly lost to one of the best squads in the league and you want wholesale changes?! Maybe start Tshibola, Grealish, Amavi (if fit), and Green, but the rest was fine. 

4 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

lol thank god you're not manager. You'd prefer Okore and Toner to Elphick who was great all match. Baker also did well. Murphy hasn't even been with the main team, but sure throw him to the wolves and destroy him mentally when we does poorly. 

We narrowly lost to one of the best squads in the league and you want wholesale changes?! Maybe start Tshibola, Grealish, Amavi (if fit), and Green, but the rest was fine. 

I would think the changes are for the competition rather than being based on today's performance.

I'd like to see a few get starts - but I wouldn't want too many changes, some of these players need to get used to each other. I'd hope to see a start or Grealish, maybe Tshibola and potentially Amavi.

It's a league cup game, I'd rest Elphick and Baker for the League, I'd be perfectly happy bringing in Tish and Grealish and changing Full backs otherwise.

20 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I would think the changes are for the competition rather than being based on today's performance.

I'd like to see a few get starts - but I wouldn't want too many changes, some of these players need to get used to each other. I'd hope to see a start or Grealish, maybe Tshibola and potentially Amavi.

Yes I definitely agree with this. Let's build some cohesion. Hopefully get our strikers some goals, and get some of the guys who are fringe players a good chance to prove they should be starting. 

• Like 1

We need a win to give the team some long lost confidence and to prevent SKY getting the giant killing they picked this game for. A few changes to the team should not prevent this happening and I would start Okore, Grealish, Tshibola, Green and a couple of the new signings I hope we make on Monday for this one!  

The win is important for us, confidence and cohesion along with bringing the likes of Amavi and McCormack up to speed should be our aim. I'd like to see grealish start and would be delighted to see Green instead of Bacuna. 

• Like 1

I'd rest Elphick because of his head injury.  I'd like Amavi,  Tshibola and Grealish to start and hope Mccormack plays to get game time too.....

----------------------Gollini

Hutton-----Okore--------Baker------Amavi

--------Tshibola----------------Westwood

Bacuna-------Grealish----------Ayew

---------------Mccormack

But I rather suspect he will make a few more changes than this

1-3

We haven't won a competitive game since February, really is well past due for one.

We must win against Luton and I really feel we must go for it by playing the more technical attacking players.

35 minutes ago, Richard said:

I'd rest Elphick because of his head injury.  I'd like Amavi,  Tshibola and Grealish to start and hope Mccormack plays to get game time too.....

---------------Mccormack

1-3

You think we will lose 3-1?

59 minutes ago, Richard said:

---------------Mccormack

1-3

I like this team but with Gardner in for Westwood. I just think that Gardner needs the minutes more judging by yesterday. McCormack getting his goal tally up and running for us would be a good bonus from this game.

Good chance to improve match fitness and hopefully get our first win since Feb.

-------------Gollini-------------

Bacuna Elphick Baker Amavi

------Tshibola Westwood------

Grealish-------------------Ayew

-----McCormack---Gestede---

1 hour ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

You think we will lose 3-1?

It's away from home isnt it Dave? so when a score is 1-3 the 1 sort of signifies the home team.

Edited by Richard