Ratings and Reactions: Sheff Wed v Villa

limpid

I don't think anyone is writing off the season after one game but its slightly worrying that all the same problems are still evident from the last 3-4 seasons.

We still can't string together more than 4-5 passes.

We are still carrying useless players who offer nothing to the team.

We are still making costly mistakes and giving away goals in the last 5-10 minutes.

We are still relying on Hutton and Cissokho to offer creativity and width.

I'm struggling to see how we are going to stop the rot and turn things around when nothing has changed.

2 minutes ago, One For The Road said:

We did lose though didn't we. In almost exactly the same circumstances as we have grown accustomed to. Defensive errors, late goals, missed chances. It's hard to be optimistic when we have just lost yet again. This time, in the Championship. 

Your reasons for us losing are pretty much all the reasons any team loses !

• Like 2

1) Sheffield Wednesday will finish top 6 easy… we were away and lost to a very unlucky incident.

2) Desperately need a world class central midfielder.

3) If we are going to play Gestede the likes of Amavi, Traore, Grealish and Green have to play… a wasted player today.

4) Full backs worry me.

5) Fans really hate Bacuna… think he needs to go… was getting some serious abuse of his own fans.

6) Maybe the kick up the backside we need!

Rome wasn't built in a day I guess. RDM is still looking at 5 players so lets hope he can get them. There are obvious weaknesses in the team but I'm sure they will be addressed soon.

7 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Jedinak and a pacey RB, and Amavi fit, and Traore fit - and we will be fine. This league is shite if Wednesday is the best they have.

Not sure anyone has claimed Wednesday are the best side in the Championship? That's what makes it slightly worrying.

Also, the league (and possibly Wednesday) may be "shite" but they did after all beat us so what does that make us?

I missed the first last ten minutes, but I thought we were poor in the first half then much better in the second. Disappointed to see that we lost it in the end, but I think there were encouraging signs, and hopefully we'll add some more quality in the coming weeks. All the new signings looked pretty good especially McCormack.

1 minute ago, terrytini said:

Your combined reasons.

But then you knew that.

Or maybe you only watch Villa and can be excused for not realising those are the ways most goals are scored.

Why are you picking an argument? I'm pointing out that we seem to have more than our fair share of late goals against us and that is a fact. 

Â