Buying Tickets

Czechlad

On 8/5/2016 at 14:44, limpid said:

You'll be fine if you have booking history.

I don't have a booking history. It'll be my first tickets purchased. 

I see general sale is available for the Brentford match on the 14th, but the Nottingham match on the 11th is still for AVFC booking history only. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/08/2016 at 19:25, Czechlad said:

I don't have a booking history. It'll be my first tickets purchased. 

I see general sale is available for the Brentford match on the 14th, but the Nottingham match on the 11th is still for AVFC booking history only. 

PM if you'd like a reference number mate.

• Like 2

I was able to call in and convince the woman I was a Villa supporter. I have two tickets now for the Nottingham match! I'll be sitting in C3 of the trinity stand. Really excited! 

Edited by Czechlad
  • Like 2

42 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

I was able to call in and convince the woman I was a Villa supporter. I have two tickets now for the Nottingham match! I'll be sitting in C3 of the trinity stand. Really excited! 

And now you also have booking history :)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jimzk5 said:

Was going to go to this but £28 is ridiculous when the game is on tv, what really put me off was £20 for my 10 year old niece to go

Normally I might agree but after the way Xia has invested in the team I think the pricing is fair. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Normally I might agree but after the way Xia has invested in the team I think the pricing is fair. 

Most expensive ticket for this game is £37 I believe. And for the lesser teams it's £28. So yeah it's not bad but pushing £40 for championship games is a bit high imo. 

Really hope we beat forest so we can kick start our season, then follow it up with a win against Brentford... I hope.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

I don't agree, Dem. I can understand the logic, but I have a couple of reasons why I don't agree.

Firstly there's comment that fans shouldn't be charged a ticket prices based on how much money an owner decides to spend on his plaything.

Second, there's value for money - the price should reflected the worth of the product, and a televised football league game is (IMO) not worth £37 a ticket.

Third there's the ability of people to actually pay for tickets - there's another game at home a few days later, albeit lower priced and not on the telly.

IMO tickets at around £22-25 is the right sort of figure for a football league game, maybe a bit more for the posh seats.

• Like 1

I'm somewhere in the middle, for what it's worth!

I think the games are priced about a fiver too high. However in the absence of the Premier League TV cash cow I totally understand why the games are priced as they are. 

It's a very competitive league where every inch counts. Then if you're lucky enough to make it to the PL you will need a solid base to build from or it's straight back down for you. 

It's the money at the top end that has caused this issue. A cap on ticket prices in the lower leagues would only serve to widen the gap.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, blandy said:

I don't agree, Dem. I can understand the logic, but I have a couple of reasons why I don't agree.

Firstly there's comment that fans shouldn't be charged a ticket prices based on how much money an owner decides to spend on his plaything.

Second, there's value for money - the price should reflected the worth of the product, and a televised football league game is (IMO) not worth £37 a ticket.

Third there's the ability of people to actually pay for tickets - there's another game at home a few days later, albeit lower priced and not on the telly.

IMO tickets at around £22-25 is the right sort of figure for a football league game, maybe a bit more for the posh seats.

I see your points Pete, but I think the way I look at it the club has to make revenue somewhere. We didnt make much in players sales in comparison to signings therefore I assume most money spent was through TV money or Xia himself. I think anything up to about £35 (max price for good seats) is reasonable in all honesty. £40 I think would be taking it abit far 

1 hour ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I'm somewhere in the middle, for what it's worth!

I think the games are priced about a fiver too high. However in the absence of the Premier League TV cash cow I totally understand why the games are priced as they are. 

It's a very competitive league where every inch counts. Then if you're lucky enough to make it to the PL you will need a solid base to build from or it's straight back down for you. 

It's the money at the top end that has caused this issue. A cap on ticket prices in the lower leagues would only serve to widen the gap.

Agree totally. Prices could be better but could also be worse.

3 hours ago, blandy said:

there's another game at home a few days later, albeit lower priced and not on the telly.

This is the bizarre bit, I think, but it suits me. I was going to go and watch, then I saw the prices. I'll catch this one on TV and go to the cheap one that I can't otherwise watch. I'd be surprised if the gate for this is any good.

We are charging Forest Fans £35 which is a bit of a joke when it's £5 over the Premier League Cap. I know this isn't a problem specific to Villa, but the prices in this shit league are a piss take.

Is this match ever going to go on general sale btw??!

Edited by Holtern8

I think we will still have 30k plus for this game easily. Forest will just about sell their allocation so god knows why it's not going on general sale because can't see forest fans trying to buy home tickets when they are struggling to sell their allocation. They have actually sold out their allocation today.

Edited by Rugeley Villa

10 hours ago, blandy said:

Well seeing as prices vary from £25 to £37 for the posh seats I think it's not far off what most would deem acceptable. You can't reduce match day tickets too much after selling season tickets at a certain price. We will be over 30k again easily so the pricing is fair. Obviously not all can afford every game and there's lower priced games to go to but I think as fans we can support the chairmans ambition by filling the stadium as best as possible. 

Â