Weekends football 5/7 August

andykeenan

So, what have we learnt (if anything) about the Championship after the first weekend?

Norwich have flown out of the traps as expected. 

The general standard of defending in the league is poor.

If SWFC are one of the best teams (and I believe they are), we should be fine against the vast majority of the league. Having said that, on their day it would seem that any team is capable of beating any other team.

Newcastle may not run away with things, although I still think they'll be right up there.

McCarthy and Ipswich will probably be in with a shout of the play offs as usual.

Wolves could either be brilliant or a car crash.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, StanBalaban said:

So, what have we learnt (if anything) about the Championship after the first weekend?

Norwich have flown out of the traps as expected. 

The general standard of defending in the league is poor.

If SWFC are one of the best teams (and I believe they are), we should be fine against the vast majority of the league. Having said that, on their day it would seem that any team is capable of beating any other team.

Newcastle may not run away with things, although I still think they'll be right up there.

McCarthy and Ipswich will probably be in with a shout of the play offs as usual.

Wolves could either be brilliant or a car crash.

And the refs are even worse than in the Premier League.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, StanBalaban said:

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that Coleman's salary at Wales is small compared to the average Premier League manager's wage.

His reported salary with the FA of Wales is a mere £220,000, which puts him way down the top-earners list at Euro 2016.

Wales online

ChjzzJfXIAE4gnY.jpg

Those are obviously out of date.

It was mentioned on the radio earlier that he could expect a salary in excess of £1m should he take the Hull job. It may not be a great move for his career, but it makes plenty of sense from a financial point of view. 

Edited by av1

Â