Weekends football 5/7 August

andykeenan

http://www.nottinghampost.com/transfer-gossip-claims-nottingham-forest-rejected/story-28502101-detail/story.html

It has been claimed, Nottingham Forest turned down an approach by Aston Villa for winger Oliver Burke.

The Premier League side reportedly wanted to sign the teenager as part of the deal which took Gary Gardner back to the City Ground on loan for the rest of the season, with the Reds rejecting the interest.

The Post though, understands there is no base to the rumour, and both Burke and Gardner went on to play key roles for Forest in Saturday's third round FA Cup victory over QPR.

The former, in particular, caught the eye and showed great skill and pace on his way to setting up Jamie Ward for the only goal of the game.

3 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Owen Coyle. What a shit manager.

Terrible appointment for Blackburn, completely like McLeish turning up here. He won't make xmas imo.

Blackburn one of the favourites to go down, I think Venkys have been one of the worst owners in recent times in english football when you think Blackburn were regularly finishing top 10 in prem when they took over and sacked Big Sam after a few weeks. They're going the same way as Bolton and Charlton.

Good start for Norwich.

4 hours ago, StanBalaban said:

Burton Albion by no means looking out of place against Forest, so far.

Burton scored more goals today than they did in about 20 league games last season!

Saw a lot of them last year and will be amazed if they stay up. Will probably be like this for them the whole season, plenty of plucky defeats but really can't see them getting to 50 points.

3 hours ago, dudevillaisnice said:

I reckon we will be on Sky alot of this season but interesting BeIN etc show these games in the US too so probably might be able to get near enough every game we play if not 90% atleast so not too bad.

As I've said before Burton-Forest was shown as that's the main game tonight on Channel 5 highlights at 9m so you get proper camera angles and replays etc.

I'd imagine we'll be on a lot at 3pm as the main game so yes that will be available on many streams, Rotherham game could well be next week for example. 

Monk can't be judged after one game! Leeds are a mess, it'll take time to get right. I think he did well in signing Roofe who will go on to be a decent player

23 hours ago, KSV said:

I havent seen many Championship matches before.. but bloody hell the defences are garbage. 

wait until 4.15 today ;)

Edited by Zatman

Â