Sign in to follow this  
villa4europe

International Football General Chat

Probably in the minority but think Giggs has actually done pretty well with Wales. He could've easily stuck with the tried and tested defence Coleman had of Taylor, Williams, Gunter but those all declined and he's kept faith with the young players at the back throughout the campaign and Wales are keeping clean sheets regularly now.

Add in Bale hasn't been match fit for half the qualifiers and Ramsey was only available for the last two and this to me is better achievement than 2016. I doubt they'll go as far as semis in the tournament but they'll be more than a making up the numbers team if they keep their key players fit.

• Like 2

Luis Enrique said he sacked his no. 2 as he wanted to manage in Euros and return to be Enrique no. 2 after the tournament. Criticized his ambition

Memphis Depay out of Euro 2020, he was Netherlands only decent attacking option

11 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Memphis Depay out of Euro 2020, he was Netherlands only decent attacking option

That's a huge blow for them and Lyon.

Currently watching the Swedish D-side (domestic and Nordic players only) play a friendly against Moldova in Doha, Qatar on telly.

Played in a totally empty stadium with running tracks around it by players who's season ended 3 months ago.

5 minutes into the game and the Moldovan keeper is already wasting time taking 40 seconds every time he has a goal kick.

My god this is dreadful, the only excitement is watching the sky for potential air to surface missiles.

29 minutes ago, sne said:

Currently watching the Swedish D-side (domestic and Nordic players only) play a friendly against Moldova in Doha, Qatar on telly.

Played in a totally empty stadium with running tracks around it by players who's season ended 3 months ago.

5 minutes into the game and the Moldovan keeper is already wasting time taking 40 seconds every time he has a goal kick.

My god this is dreadful, the only excitement is watching the sky for potential air to surface missiles.

Its really your own fault for watching 😉 nothing about that game sounds exciting ha

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Its really your own fault for watching 😉 nothing about that game sounds exciting ha

True.

it's usually interesting to watch the up and coming players just below the national side play, but this particular group really isn't that good.

Probably only 1 player, Marcus Danielsson who is even close to making the squad for the Euro's and he's something like 6th choice at cb.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this  

Â