International Football General Chat

villa4europe

6 minutes ago, Pelle said:

Working, but saw that we were 2-0 down, and then I got on the phone that we missed a penalty and thought f**k that, we've lost now. Then I checked the phone again and it was 2-2 with 4 minutes to go. Well, a point at least. And then I got the final result, 3-3. Thought it must've been something wrong with the app. Apparently not. :) And I'm not even angry we were 3-2 up and still didn't win. I would've if I knew we were 3-2 up.

From the highlight it appears Robin Olsen had a stinker in goal.

One of the Norway goals was miles offside as well, but only by that kinda strange rule when the goalie isn't the last player behind the ball so I kinda get why they missed it.

Sweden scored from a pen rebound and I'd wager that they guy who scored was too early into the penalty area. They always are.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, sne said:

From the highlight it appears Robin Olsen had a stinker in goal.

One of the Norway goals was miles offside as well, but only by that kinda strange rule when the goalie isn't the last player behind the ball so I kinda get why they missed it.

Sweden scored from a pen rebound and I'd wager that they guy who scored was too early into the penalty area. They always are.

So the penalty turned into a go eventually anyway? Then it didn't matter much that Granen missed it. :) Yeah, they almost always are too early. Didn't they try to stop that in the last WC? (There's probably a joke in there.)

• 2 months later...

No ANC thread but in unusual dismissal Egypt have kicked a player home for sexual harassment. Same asshole had a previous loan spell ended for harassing the wives of 2 players

• 2 months later...
On 10/09/2019 at 12:14, Dr_Pangloss said:

Have they not seen the havoc Albanian gangs are wreaking across Europe?

Don't be silly mate, they 'culturally enrich' us. 

Who's the best footballing nation in the world right now, do people think? No guidelines for what constitutes the best, that's for you to define.

I think the teams with the most individual talent throughout the squad would be Belgium, Brazil, France and Germany all on a fairly even level.

I think France deservedly hold the WC title. English football taking the most improved award in recent years for me, both at club and international level.

England's efforts at the World Cup, and their representation in the Champions League last season, were nothing short of fantastic!

International football is not in a great state quality wise. Rarely seen Belgium perform in the big games and think are ranked No. 1 or 2. Germany, Argentina, Spain have all had major drop offs in recent times. Italy and Netherlands have been worse

• 4 weeks later...
Â