Sheffield Wednesday fan view

StefanAVFC

well one of them has to be about ticket prices...on the assumption that a section of the home fans are being charged the same amount id like to know what they think about their ticket prices and how its impacting them

being half decent last season they've sold circa 20k season tickets which is good going, 3 stands are more expensive than our most expensive season ticket in the prem last season, 1 of them is >£100 more

forget us moaning about being charged £42 for a minute, how much moaning are they doing?

and i want to know their opinion on the new badge...

Have they forgiven us for Big Ron yet?

Obvious ones like:

Who is going to cause us most issues?

Where should we all be heading for a drink, yeah all 4.5k of us :) ?

Were you happy to see one of the 'bigger' PL clubs coming down with the barcodes and thus making it an even more difficult league to get out of?

8 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Also ask what their impression is of Aston Villa as a club

I dont think thats a good question for an internet forum. sounds like type of thing Liverpool fans ask in hope that they are loved

i could imagine uproar and tantrums on here if fans of somebody like Barnsley or Brentford said they hated our club :P 

I noticed this thread and then went and had a snoop on an Owls forum.  Majority of their posters in their match thread reckon they will do us by at least 2 or 3 goals.  One poster saying if they score early on it could be a blitz.  I hope to McGrath that RDM sorts our players fragile mentality out, we've seen it many times last season.  If the opposition scores our heads drop and we bend over for them...you know what usually happened after that.

6 minutes ago, Newry_Villan said:

I noticed this thread and then went and had a snoop on an Owls forum.  Majority of their posters in their match thread reckon they will do us by at least 2 or 3 goals.  One poster saying if they score early on it could be a blitz.  I hope to McGrath that RDM sorts our players fragile mentality out, we've seen it many times last season.  If the opposition scores our heads drop and we bend over for them...you know what usually happened after that.

They sound over confident to me (which might work in our favour) - I actually think we will do them, but will be  tight game.

Our mentality will improve as we win games - there is only so much talking can do, they have to do it and then they will start to belive.

I'm almost certainly going to get asked to provide replies to similar sets of questions. As I don't speak on behalf of the community I'll post these as threads in the relevant match forum.

If a site comes back to you asking you to reciprocate, please do the same.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, limpid said:

I'm almost certainly going to get asked to provide replies to similar sets of questions. As I don't speak on behalf of the community I'll post these as threads in the relevant match forum.

If a site comes back to you asking you to reciprocate, please do the same.

Will do :)

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Newry_Villan said:

I did the same as you, and had a little read up yesterday. I think only a small minority thought it might be a draw or a narrow victory. I can understand their confidence though, as they finished the season strongly and the less said about our finish the better really. To be fair as well, on Monday we were pretty depsondant on here about our chances as well. Signing McCormack has lifted our hopes, but we still have a lot of improvements required to make to our squad. Hopefully we can prove them and us wrong, and get a positive result. I would love a victory, but would happily take a point if we could get it.

Weird that they should be so over confident. I know we were terrible last season, but you'd still think the natural pessimist in your average football fan would kick in and they would be a bit more cautious, especially as we've a few new players, new manager and it's an entirely new season. 

Oh well. 

Oh and I missed who will cause you most issues. We have a good team, Forestieri is the talisman and will either play as a number 10 or from the left wing. If he plays well, Wednesday play well.

Hooper and Fletcher are a good Championship pairing. We have signed Abdi from Watford who was their main man when they got promoted. Keiran Lee is the midfield engine and Barry Bannan the playmaker. Most Villa fans don't seem to rate him but he was excellent for us last season.

Villa and Watford fans tell me that Bannan and Forestieri are lazy. Carvahal must therefore have something because last season they are two of the hardest working players I have ever seen in a Wednesday shirt, their work rate was phenomenal.

• Like 1

Â