Ross McCormack

dont_do_it_doug.

Arsenal were prepared to pay over 20 Million for Vardy and isnt he 28/29?

If the guy can still play and put the ball in the net who cares what age he is.

His fee will be repaid if we get promoted.  (Was going to put when but do not want to tempt fate)

• Like 2

If it wasn't for a release clause it would cost more than 20 million to get Vardy.

I think £12M is pretty cheap for McCormack, as I think he'll be a decent striker for another three or four seasons. If we get promoted and he doesn't adapt to the Premier, we'll get some of the fee back from a championship club.

Why is there talk of McCormack playing behind the striker?

McCormack's arrival will add further competition for the spots in behind the front three, with Jordan Ayew, Jack Grealish and Leandro Bacuna the preferred choices at present.

clicky

This is the second time ive read a similar thing.

Surely he will be bought in as a centre forward?

2 minutes ago, Nigel said:

Why is there talk of McCormack playing behind the striker?

clicky

This is the second time ive read a similar thing.

Surely he will be bought in as a centre forward?

Same.. Based on pre-season I would have thought the nailed on spot behind the striker is Ayew as he's been there for several games now.

Currently we would be looking upfront like this with McCormack surely..

Traore* - Ayew - Grealish

-------- McCormack -------

Traore can be swapped with Sinclair or Bacuna.. Ideally a new signing, but that should be how we line up based on pre-season. 

12 minutes ago, Flynnchin84 said:

Bent?

Bent a "complete" forward? "Complete" is normally used to describe someone with all round footballing ability. Bent was good at being in the right place at the right time and finishing chances. Almost everything else, creating chances, holding the ball up, beating a man, vision, passing... was er... lacking. 

• Like 1

I suppose McCormack and Ayew could be interchangeable. Ayew just needs players around him that can create things so if McCormack can fill that role and score loads then I don't mind. 

11 minutes ago, useless said:

McCormack is a floating striker, he drops deep a lot and pops up wide too. Probably why we're still being linked with Bamford.

Fair enough, dont know an awefull lot about him tbh.

11 minutes ago, useless said:

McCormack is a floating striker, he drops deep a lot and pops up wide too. Probably why we're still being linked with Bamford.

Is he quite similar to Ayew then, except that he scores more goals?

Not denigrating Ayew here, actually a serious question.

32 minutes ago, GENTLEMAN said:

McCormack will probably go deeper as he gets older.

28 minutes ago, Mammoth10 said:

:o

eliki.jpg

Edited by meme
  • Like 1

Â