Ross McCormack

dont_do_it_doug.

Fine, we need a goal scorer and he's certainly that at this level. As others point out, reminds me of the Bent signing, McCormack (like Bent) is (was) a necessary signing for the position we find (found) ourselves in.

Once we're in the premier league he may be surplus or require a diminished role, but we'll cross that bridge when we get there.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, a m ole said:

So does this mean Gestede is no longer our starting striker?  :detect::detect::detect::detect::detect::detect::detect:

We normally get a devastating injury or two each season so I wouldn't rule out McCormack dislocating both his legs in the unveiling and Gestede playing every week.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, osmark86 said:

Seriously? Those odds are laughable at best.

His strike rate for Blackburn in the chumpionship is better than McCormacks at Fulham 

Also proves that stats can lie , as Everton fans are likely to find out after spunking £7.1m on Gueye 

1 hour ago, villarocker said:

My problem with this is why wait until a few days before the season starts to make an offer? It makes me worry that RDM had to sell before he could buy, which doesn't sort of fit in with a wealthy owner image, does it?

One other thing, I hope we don't stop at McCormack because we need someone to supply him with chances and that's been a problem of ours for quite some time. 

This has been answered several times already. We struggled to get our primary targets, and have now had to move to this level of target out of necessity.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lerner's Driver said:

Well, that was an enjoyable watch. Takes a nice set piece, hits it hard, scores long range, scores a lot, nice composure, nice positional awareness. What's not to like? Don't **** it up Villa and yes, can we have another striker too, please?

And scores with both feet!.......and now rumours that we won't get him, anyway :wacko: Think I'll have to stop watching these videos.

Edited by VillaBrum
Rumour update

44 minutes ago, sexbelowsound said:

Potentially signing a striker for £12 million and not being much better off than under Randolph do not match.

Potentially? When we sign a 12 million pound striker I will concede that we are making better progress on the financial front. 

1 hour ago, DCJonah said:

Moan we haven't signed enough players.

Moan when we bid £12 million for one. 

I'm not moaning about signing a £12 million striver.  I do not believe we will

Edited by One For The Road

1 minute ago, One For The Road said:

I'm not moaning about signing a £12 million striver.  I do not believe we will

Well we've put a bid in. The money is there to spend on one player. Of course you're not happy though. 

• Like 1

Â