Ross McCormack

dont_do_it_doug.

On 07/02/2019 at 11:46, sne said:

Spending £12m or whatever and handing out a big 4 year deal on a 30 y.o Championship level striker who couldn't even get into the Scottish national side was always going to be a retarded move.

Factoring in the reports from previous clubs about his behavior, fitness level and his very hot & cold form from season to season makes it even worse..

It's the worst signing in club history, and the odds of it turning out like that were pretty good when we signed him. No surprise at all.

Since he obviously has issues, whatever they may be, I'm sure the club could have handled them better.

But just a terrible signing.

Thing that baffled me at the times is he had 2/3 very good scoring seasons for Fulham and yet they never got close to finishing in top 6 in any of them.

Yet they got in Mitrovic halfway through last season who scored at a similar rate and comfortably finished in top 6.

It worried me a little that he wasn't really a team player or his own style of play upfront didn't really get the best out of the rest of the team.

He was a luxury short term gamble. Also didn't help our team was very lopsided. V Forest at home we started Kodjia, Jack, McCormack and Ayew. Work rate not really high priority for any of them or chasing back when out of possession.

Feel he would've worked better if we'd just played him off Kodjia and had a hardworking 3/4 behind him in midfield who didn't get forward much.

20 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Oh god no, you mean, wait....what? He went fast in a really fast nice car?! 

Mate I've clocked more than that in the shit cars I've had, hardly something to judge someone on. 

I don't think @Villan4Life was solely judging him on speeding in his car, just highlighting it to be the latest in a long line of problems from this said player in all the clubs he has been at and the lack of due diligence we have shown in the signings of half of the characters we have signed at this club over the years.

Let's be honest, he ain't wrong as Lansbury has been another disastrous signing for different reasons to McCormack as we have barely seen him (Lansbury) in a Villa shirt due to injury after injury. In the times we have seen him he's been bang average / poor on the half dozen of occasions that we have seen him play.

I look forward to the day we stop signing these type of players.

Edited by AvfcRigo82
  • Like 1

On 07/02/2019 at 22:18, Stevo985 said:

Understood!

We're on the same page.

We see his failure to get into the Motherwell team as further proof that he's finished.

Others see it as further proof that Bruce ruined his career.

I was not a fan of Bruce, but McCormack was nothing to do with him.

McCormack is a word removed!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Sadly, I was excited when we got him after watching those Euros.

Saw Dublin say he was a lazy clearing in the woods who didn't want to be here.

And how many of them have we had..you just couldn't make it up.

The decision making by subsequent "powers that be" over the years has been its undoing.....and has us where we are.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
47 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Three sub appearances for a total of 43 minutes playing time since he went to Motherwell.

Can't understand why he wasn't given yet another chance here.

Nah nor me, really wish we'd extended that olive branch a bit further......

• 4 weeks later...

This has to be a lesson we learn now.

Football is a small world, people know each other and talk.  His problems and attitude seem to be well known. 

In future we MUST avoid players who are known to be trouble regardless of how good they may seem.  Need to place much more emphasis on attitude. 

It's cost us again and again, most people knew Gabby was a busted flush before we unaccountably offered him another long contract. Fat Ross. Lescott, the list just goes on. 

• Like 4

So he's a confirmed drunk, and a nasty one at that too. I mean if you're gonna be a drunk, at least be one of those friendly harmless ones you laugh at.

I wonder how many people still blame the previous management and administration for him not being in the side......

20 hours ago, sidcow said:

Football is a small world, people know each other and talk.  His problems and attitude seem to be well known. 

In future we MUST avoid players who are known to be trouble regardless of how good they may seem.  Need to place much more emphasis on attitude

It's cost us again and again, most people knew Gabby was a busted flush before we unaccountably offered him another long contract. Fat Ross. Lescott, the list just goes on. 

Never thought a club as big and professional as Aston Villa, would need to be told that....but apparently so.....The Gabby saga was further evidence.....as if we needed any.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, sidcow said:

In future we MUST avoid players who are known to be trouble regardless of how good they may seem.  Need to place much more emphasis on attitude

Smith has spoken about this a lot.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

I wonder how many people still blame the previous management and administration for him not being in the side......

Yes, another complete disaster to thank DiMatteo for. 

Â