Ross McCormack

dont_do_it_doug.

@Stevo985 with all due respect - your not doing yourself any credit with the olive branch comment every time this thread is raised.

i guess some might say your obsessed with McCormack - I personally would refrain from doing so.

I think my advice might be this - just ignore this thread maybe?

On 09/01/2019 at 18:55, Keener window-cleaner said:

I have posted and wondered about this a couple of times in this thread, but still haven't understood what the problems have been.

Surly it must have been more than just the gate incident, otherwise it must be up on a world top list of bad handling of a company's assets.

In lack of concrete info I'll continue to speculate, he said himself in the interview something about being regarded as a bad egg and refuted that by referring to the fact that he had been captain at his previous clubs. I haven't read any articles where this has been said before, only heard rumors, but the fact that he takes it up himself must mean that he has been regarded as a one, justified or not. Normally when such allegations comes up there is something in it. So without knowing I guess he has had a bad attitude, been out of shape, perhaps drinking problems etc, that made him be regardes as a bad egg at the club.

Now what I think is interesting is why it happend, how it could have been dealt with and most importantly if he should be given the opportunity to better himself.

It's a fact that he separated from the mother of his kids and had problems with that. Such personal and family crisis can make anyone go nuts and start drinking. My guess is that Bruce with his old school approach and the club didn't handle this they way they could have. Of course his behaviour (based on my earlier guessing) is unacceptable. But if this is was prompted by a personal crisis, the way Bruce and the club handled it probably made it worse and if so it was irresponsible behaviour from the employer too. You don't solve a personal crisis by hanging them out to dry. It's a way of just wanting to get rid of the problem if you can't handle the situation.

So that leads to the most important question, should he be given the opportunity to better himself and come back? First and foremost his personal crises must be dealt with and be over, which he should get help with. Until that happens and his behaviour improves there is just not an option of him coming back. If his crisis is over and he has bettered himself, it would for me be a question of how bad his behaviour was. It seems as if it was so bad that the club deems it to be irreconcivable. If so I think it is quite sad, both for the person and for the club. I would hope that both parties would say that they handled it badly, that they turn the page and give him another chance. If he is in the right state of mind that is.

All of this is of course just speculation as I don't know the facts. Ultimately it's just such tragic waste of a player's career and the club's resources, as well as tragic for the person himself.

Brilliant post - I agree 100% Ross is clearly not blameless in this whole debacle - but as always there are two sides to every story.

One aspect of this saga that has always puzzled me is this McCormack has been vilified to the end of the earth and back - yet as far as I know he never rendered himself so unfit that he was not available  for selection ? Yet a certain ex striker did exactly this and was offered the olive branch that @Stevo985 continues to state should not be afforded at any price to McCormack - which when you consider their level of misdemeanour respectively  is a little odd in my view.

To me the club should have banged their proverbial heads together and ordered them to resolve this sorry saga once and for all.

None of this needed to have happened - it's totally bizarre and misguided that a £12 mill asset is effectively worthless at this current moment and plying his trade in Scotland. 

15 minutes ago, deeps said:

So did Dean not rate him either?

Does not look like it.

I think our management know more on the player and any situation than we the fans and press have access too.

I am not saying either player or ex-manager are angels in this saga by any means and the situation could and should have been handled better for sure but fwiw I think it's best he also plys his trade elsewhere for his sake.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dave J said:

Brilliant post - I agree 100% Ross is clearly not blameless in this whole debacle - but as always there are two sides to every story.

One aspect of this saga that has always puzzled me is this McCormack has been vilified to the end of the earth and back - yet as far as I know he never rendered himself so unfit that he was not available  for selection ? Yet a certain ex striker did exactly this and was offered the olive branch that @Stevo985 continues to state should not be afforded at any price to McCormack - which when you consider their level of misdemeanour respectively  is a little odd in my view.

To me the club should have banged their proverbial heads together and ordered them to resolve this sorry saga once and for all.

None of this needed to have happened - it's totally bizarre and misguided that a £12 mill asset is effectively worthless at this current moment and plying his trade in Scotland. 

He hasn't been fit since he arrived

9 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Does not look like it.

I think our management know more on the player and any situation than we the fans and press have access too.

I am not saying either player or ex-manager are angels in this saga by any means and the situation could and should have been handled better for sure but fwiw I think it's best he also plys his trade elsewhere for his sake.

I think it's highly unlikely that we will ever see Ross in a Villa shirt again.

If we don't go up and he smashes them in for fun at Motherwell - then who knows what may happen come pre- season, but yes I agree more unlikely than likely 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Dave J said:

I think it's highly unlikely that we will ever see Ross in a Villa shirt again.

If we don't go up and he smashes them in for fun at Motherwell - then who knows what may happen come pre- season, but yes I agree more unlikely than likely 

That Defoe/McCormack partnership next season will fire Rangers to European success and then bankruptcy

Arguably the best football manager around had an issue with a certain Paul McGrath.

did the great Manchester United mishandle the situation?

I think ( while support should be available) players have to help themselves.

Paul was encouraged by Graham Taylor's handling and responded accordingly.

in absence of all the facts its difficult to comment.....but football clubs are not kindergartens.....they are breeding grounds to testosterone....and a collection of alpha males.

Edited by TRO

7 hours ago, TRO said:

Arguably the best football manager around had an issue with a certain Paul McGrath.

in absence of all the facts its difficult to comment.....but football clubs are not kindergartens.....they are breeding grounds to testosterone....and a collection of alpha males.

I'd say absolutely they mishandled the situation - TRO -  Paul was world class for us. I reckon fergie must have cried himself to sleep at night after Paul joined us.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, TRO said:

The drinking culture I assume.

Their loss was definately our gain though. 

Â