Ross McCormack

dont_do_it_doug.

10 hours ago, MrDuck said:

Seriously though, who wouldn't trade the Holte End for Central Coast Mariners' two giant inflatable bottles of tomato sauce end?

DnfTQfnVYAAqC2r.jpg

Decent attendance on the screen though. But doesn't tally with the picture!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

“I’m really excited to get back to Australia,” McCormack said. “The standard of football in Australia is a bit overlooked I think – everyone wants to play football the right way and I loved my time with Melbourne. When this chance came, I knew it was the right decision for me."

“When I arrived in Australia for the first time I wasn’t as fit as I would have liked, it was the first time I had moved overseas to be away from my family so coming in this time, I am in a better place and really believe that I will have an impact."

“I want to come to the Central Coast and belong, I really want to be a part of something. I want to work hard and put myself in the best position to help the team. That’s what will put a smile back on my face. The happier you are in football, it’s going to bring the best out in a player.

“We need to get the Mariners back up the table, where they belong. Where the Mariners finished last season will not be acceptable this season. We want to be finishing in the finals, give this season a real go and not take a backwards step against any team.

“I like to think I get along with everyone, I’m an easy going approachable guy who likes to have a joke. But most importantly I’m a hard worker who loves to win football matches. On the pitch, I put in as big of a shift as anyone to achieve that goal,” McCormack said.

https://www.ccmariners.com.au/news/ross-mccormack-made-a-mariner

Just in case there is anyone who is vaguely interested in who the Central Coast Mariners are. They're one of two sides not based in an Australian capital city and were very competitive at the start of the A-League. They've finished as Premiers twice (top of the table) and champions (winner of the finals series) once but have made the Grand Final 4 times in the league's 13 year history. They're based in Gosford which according to wiki is about 75km from Sydney and has a population of 3,600 but they receive support from the 'Central Coast' area as a whole.

For a long time, they punched above their weight but the last four seasons they have struggled badly, finishing last twice (including last season) and barely avoiding it in the other two. Although the Australian media is very encouraged by how they have recruited for the upcoming season I don't think Ross will find it as easy as he did at Melbourne City who have great financial backing and who have been thereabouts in recent years. He's basically gone from an Arsenal/Liverpool/Tottenham of the A-League to a Bournemouth or Huddersfield. Also if he does muck up, it might not be so easy to keep it quiet...

I'm sure there would be a few on here that follow the A-League closer than me, who might be able to correct me/add more (also, I'm sure one of their ex-players is a Villa fan and used to post on here every now and again).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

I can't think of anything more damning for Aussie football than having someone come into the league and pretend to be a footballer. Makes an absolute mockery of the league.

Usain Bolt giving it a crack too is laughable

Well played :clap:

Â