Ross McCormack

dont_do_it_doug.

2 hours ago, Hornso said:

Just a little update on the story, the Melbourne City manager Warren Joyce has denied Ross was suspended at the weekend and even mentioned Ross gave his $500 Man of the Match cheque to the kit boy a few weeks back because he didn't think his play deserved it.

However, the journalist who broke the story, also broke the story that Socceroos manager Ange Postecoglou was going to resign from the position over a month before he actually did... 

Yeah, the McCormack story does seem to be nonsense.

Postecoglou was always likely to resign, you could tell that from his interviews after the Syria game.

Edited by MrDuck

On 11/22/2017 at 07:24, Hornso said:

It’s come out in the Australian press that Ross missed last game due to an internal suspension for being “exceptionally late” to training. He’s also struggling with an Achilles injury but that’s not why he missed the match which forced Warren Joyce to play a makeshift striker in his place.

When i saw the tweet from the club naming the team for this game i was surprised to see the fans replies.  (This was before the game had started so there was no word about a suspension.)  They were all delighted, saying he was so unfit it was unbelievable and they wanted some other guy to play in front of him all the time.  

1 hour ago, briny_ear said:

I wonder if this should be in ”other football”?

It’s nothing to do with Villa and Ross us never coming back.

Agreed.

Even when he does come back he won't be back so we will be glad to see the back of him.

..When's he back?

Edited by AvfcRigo82

On 24/11/2017 at 10:02, Hornso said:

McCormack has started for City tonight and has scored again from another free kick.

How many bloody free kicks did he score for us? 

Hopefully Melbourne get enough goals from him to consider him essential and get enough funds from Citeh to go buy him. 

10 minutes ago, omariqy said:

Hoping Sunderland or Norwich come in for him in Jan. 

We're not that lucky, we'll be stuck with this lump for a while yet. Not even Sunderland are dumb enough to buy him, his problems are well publicised and we've got ourselves in a shit situation again where we've gave a player wages that no one else can afford (or are willing) to pay.

Hes scoring goals again and back to fitness, this will be the only thing desperate teams will be looking at.

I wouldnt be surprised to get an offer for him in Jan.

Its the best thing we could have done with him sending him out there as it keeps options open, but i doubt we will see him play here again.

Â