Ross McCormack

dont_do_it_doug.

9 hours ago, DCJonah said:

Honestly, why on earth would we agree to that  

**** hell we make some daft decisions sometimes. 

Probably because Bruce wouldnt have played him in this situation anyway.. so we got rid of some wages. 

• Like 1

1) a reflection of the Bruce wasn't interested n him regardless - would likely use O'Hare etc first - and we have goals in midfield anyway happily enough.

2) - sending someone to australia with a recall seems simply unfair. It was a 3 month loan, if it was a season long loan then a break clause in January would seem fair enough I guess, but otherwise, sometimes deals have to respect the humans involved, and that's not us being "incompetent" etc, just pragmatic. Not in our plans, so off you go for 3 months, see you in Jan, allows both sides to be settled with the deal.

3) The idea Ross M would be our saviour now is ambitious to say the least, and as I say I think we have adequate replacements in the rest of our squad- up front at least.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

A £12m signing with over 100 goals at this level might be fairly useful given our injury issues. Not saying he'd be a saviour but with a run of games and fitness I'd expect him to chip in. 

I think it says it all that given his record at this level no championship club showed serious interest in him in the transfer window.

He is done at a decent level. The fact he is banging in the odd goal in what would be the equivalent of the 4th tier over here doesn't mean he could again do it in the Championship.

Grealish and O'Hare are hungry and can provide way more than a past his use by date disinteresred McCormack.

12 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

I think it says it all that given his record at this level no championship club showed serious interest in him in the transfer window.

He is done at a decent level. The fact he is banging in the odd goal in what would be the equivalent of the 4th tier over here doesn't mean he could again do it in the Championship.

Grealish and O'Hare are hungry and can provide way more than a past his use by date disinteresred McCormack.

And its banging in free kicks and penalties as well. Has he scored anything from open play? If he wasn't chosen as their penalty taker I don't think anyone would be talking about him banging the goals in. 

OK you can't knock scoring free kicks but you would normally back a player to score a penalty.

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 1

On 18/11/2017 at 11:16, Rodders said:

1) a reflection of the Bruce wasn't interested n him regardless - would likely use O'Hare etc first - and we have goals in midfield anyway happily enough.

2) - sending someone to australia with a recall seems simply unfair. It was a 3 month loan, if it was a season long loan then a break clause in January would seem fair enough I guess, but otherwise, sometimes deals have to respect the humans involved, and that's not us being "incompetent" etc, just pragmatic. Not in our plans, so off you go for 3 months, see you in Jan, allows both sides to be settled with the deal.

3) The idea Ross M would be our saviour now is ambitious to say the least, and as I say I think we have adequate replacements in the rest of our squad- up front at least.

Regarding  2) I think a lot of fans forget they are humans because of the absurd amount of money they earn.

Its not a good way of doing things if you send a player to the otherside of the world to recall him back a month later. I'm sure he would really be up for playing for Villa if we did that. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

It’s come out in the Australian press that Ross missed last game due to an internal suspension for being “exceptionally late” to training. He’s also struggling with an Achilles injury but that’s not why he missed the match which forced Warren Joyce to play a makeshift striker in his place.

3 minutes ago, Hornso said:

It’s come out in the Australian press that Ross missed last game due to an internal suspension for being “exceptionally late” to training. He’s also struggling with an Achilles injury but that’s not why he missed the match which forced Warren Joyce to play a makeshift striker in his place.

Will he ever learn :(

1 hour ago, Hornso said:

The Maintenance Department from the “Gatepower Company (Automatic Gates for Melbourne)” say “g’day”. ;)

3 hours ago, Hornso said:

Chap has no luck with those gates :D

3 hours ago, Hornso said:

DICK he can stay there as far as i am concerned 

18 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

DICK he can stay there as far as i am concerned 

He was the messiah to you a few posts back? :rolleyes:

Still can't believe some can't get their heads round him being a mental drinking mess and blaming Bruce for beef.

He's finished and it's all his own fault accept it.

• Like 1

Just a little update on the story, the Melbourne City manager Warren Joyce has denied Ross was suspended at the weekend and even mentioned Ross gave his $500 Man of the Match cheque to the kit boy a few weeks back because he didn't think his play deserved it.

However, the journalist who broke the story, also broke the story that Socceroos manager Ange Postecoglou was going to resign from the position over a month before he actually did... 

Edited by Hornso

1 hour ago, villan_007 said:

He was the messiah to you a few posts back? :rolleyes:

Still can't believe some can't get their heads round him being a mental drinking mess and blaming Bruce for beef.

He's finished and it's all his own fault accept it.

Please can you show me where i have said he is the "messiah" ?

If you cant i suggest you stop making things up as your embarassing yourself :rolleyes:

Â