Ross McCormack

dont_do_it_doug.

1 hour ago, NeilS said:

One thing that stands out about that highlights video is how many birds (seagulls I think??) were in the stadium.

Did McCormack drop his chips?

Almost as many as there were fans. :P

Quite worryingly, they (the birds, that is) seemed to grow in number and circle the players menacingly as the game went on. Hitchcock-scary.

Edited by briny_ear
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, LondonLax said:

Anyone remember the calls for Bosko Balaban to be brought into the side?

I find it strange how people berate Balaban - I'm pretty sure he only started one game - under the lights against Sheffield Wednesday I think ??

4 hours ago, Dave J said:

I find it strange how people berate Balaban - I'm pretty sure he only started one game - under the lights against Sheffield Wednesday I think ??

You are correct he had one start and came off the bench 7 times according to Wiki. He scored 14 goals in 27 appearances for Dinamo Zagreb before joining us and 15 from 24 when he returned to them on loan before signing for Club Brugge where he scored 40 in 83 appearances. So there was a player there somewhere but he never looked anything like one in a Villa shirt. He only started one game for a reason with us. He never looked likely to score for us or that bothered about doing so. For me, Ross looked like Denis Law in a Villa shirt when compared to Bosco in one. 

• Thanks 1

I watched the game and like others have said looked a little rusty.  Played the sole striker role which I don't believe suits him, but will benefit with Tim Cahill returning to the side this weekend.

Has a nice touch and what not, but didn't really see anything that made me think he can add value to the Villa team but in saying that will cut him some slack as it was his first game in a long time

2 hours ago, Skills said:

didn't really see anything that made me think he can add value to the Villa team but in saying that will cut him some slack as it was his first game in a long time

I doubt hes there to add value to our team IMO, rather to  add value to his transfer, keeping him relevant and fit!

What a waste of money he really has been. I was all for the signing so im disappointed in how it's panned out.

I do think that McCormack only benefits when the entire team is build around him, and in those cases he will get you 20+ goals a year, but at the expense of other players. That Leeds side he was in, he played really well, but it was set up around him and they did ok but to push on a team needs more than one player to be scoring and the focus on one player eventually can be detrimental. Just my two penneth worth! 

• Like 1

Well Ross is leading the line in the Melbourne Derby, he doesn't know what he is in for.

The other team (Victory) are coached by one of the toughest (and dirtiest) players I have ever seen in Australian football.

As I speak there is a Victory player getting a yellow card in less than 30 seconds. Welcome to Australia Ross, the next 90 minutes are going to be hell for you. 

Edited by Villan_of_oz

7 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

Well Ross is leading the line in the Melbourne Derby, he doesn't know what he is in for.

The other team (Victory) are coached by one of the toughest (and dirtiest) players I have ever seen in Australian football.

As I speak there is a Victory player getting a yellow card in less than 30 seconds. Welcome to Australia Ross, the next 90 minutes are going to be hell for you. 

No offence but these Aussie teams have some terrible names - City used to be called Melbourne Heart, and now there is a team called Victory? What if they keep losing? Oh the irony. 

2 minutes ago, Jareth said:

No offence but these Aussie teams have some terrible names - City used to be called Melbourne Heart, and now there is a team called Victory? What if they keep losing? Oh the irony. 

Yes I'm glad that my team are Adelaide United, some people calls us the Reds (I have and never will call them that)

Victory are the team everyone loves to hate.

15 minutes gone and Ross has had a few decent touches, his team have dominated the opening quarter and he has had some involvement. 

Edited by Villan_of_oz

3 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

Yes I'm glad that my team are Adelaide United, some people calls us the Reds (I have and never will call them that)

Victory are the team everyone loves to hate.

15 minutes gone and Ross has had a few decent touches, his team have dominated the opening quarter and he has had some involvement. 

When you go on the United forum are you known as Red_Devil_of_Brum?

Really needs a goal to get going. Had a few more chances this game then the last.... had a Kodjia situation where it was 2 on 1 and the player ignored him (luckily for him he scored via deflection)

On 14/10/2017 at 20:01, Villan_of_oz said:

One of the dirtiest, most unlikeable players full stop. He was a genuinely world class arsehole was Kevin!

On 22/10/2017 at 04:07, rodders0223 said:

240p, shitty dance music. TIL that it is still 2008 in Australia.

You should see our internet speeds. It basically _is_ still 2008 here.

• Haha 1

Â