Ross McCormack

dont_do_it_doug.

Looked like he lacked match sharpness. Improved as the game went on.. involved heavily in second goal. Looked fitter than last season. 

He looked like he was really down on confidence.. tried hard and looked like it meant something to him.. which is something i suppose. Expect him to build fitness and start scoring in a few weeks. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, theboyangel said:

Surprised by the first sentence but not the second ;) 

Well for me the situation is this - until the club come out and say what/if Ross has broken any rules - then I don't think that we're so good that we can seclude one of the championships most prolific strikers from our squad - yes of course he will be rusty and out of sorts - anyone one if they had been excluded for so long- get him back and reintegrated into the squad - his goals from the bench might just be the difference between a play -off spot and not ( admittedly I don't think we will secure this ) but with so many points to play for - let's take off the handbrake and go for it- Ross included 

He was given an opportunity at Forest, he didn’t take it, he was offered another chance in the summer but didn’t do enough. It isn’t like he hasn’t had chances to turn things around.

If he isn’t going to contribute, if he is a potential distraction and we can save on his wages then that is what we should do.

As I’ve said previously, there are things to be critical of Bruce for but I don’t think this is one.

• Like 2

Here's the highlights

They play in the Man City kit as well, which I suppose is not surprising.

I think it will be good for him, beautiful place to play football, good distance away so he can clear his head and a chance to get fit and try a few things out.

EDIT - And to be fair to him, even here he has a couple of great touches and gets the ball rolling for their second goal.

*Spoiler warning^ His yellow card was for kicking the ball away.

Edited by 8pints

I'm always fascinated by this VT phenomenon that if a player doesn't make it in our first team squad, he gets as much if not more coverage than the ones who actually do make it.

Abd suddenly becomes the answer to all our problems, if only the manager could see, etc.

17 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

I'm always fascinated by this VT phenomenon that if a player doesn't make it in our first team squad, he gets as much if not more coverage than the ones who actually do make it.

Abd suddenly becomes the answer to all our problems, if only the manager could see, etc.

Who is saying this, exactly?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TrentVilla said:

He was given an opportunity at Forest, he didn’t take it, he was offered another chance in the summer but didn’t do enough. It isn’t like he hasn’t had chances to turn things around.

If he isn’t going to contribute, if he is a potential distraction and we can save on his wages then that is what we should do.

As I’ve said previously, there are things to be critical of Bruce for but I don’t think this is one.

Agree in principle but it's not clear to me that he has been given any sort of meaningful chance this season.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Ginko said:

Who is saying this, exactly?

Not here specifically, but i see where they're coming from cause it was the case with the likes of veretout and gil

2 hours ago, briny_ear said:

The Nigel Reo-Coker syndrome.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Agree in principle but it's not clear to me that he has been given any sort of meaningful chance this season.

What would constitute a meaningful chance for you? A start in a league game?

Why would or should he be afforded that if he's done nothing to earn it? What kind of message would that have sent to Keinan Davis for example?

3 hours ago, briny_ear said:

Carlos Cuellar syndrome? It's not specific to VT, it's the same with all football fans. If the team isn't performing then football fans are always clamouring for changes or out of favour players to come back and solve all the problems. In general of course if they were good enough they'd be in the team. 

• Like 1

Â