Ross McCormack

dont_do_it_doug.

McCormack, Hogan, Hourahane, Lansbury.

All attacking players who have not attained the levels of performance they reached at their previous clubs.

Can this be changed or will the attacking aspect of our game next season once again be disappointing.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, flashingqwerty said:

Hogan and McCormack as wide forwards? No, thanks!!!!!

I think @wilko154 lineup is leaning towards dominating games.

if our security is a truangle of

Chester               Baker

Jedi

and Bree & Taylor are used to push on (1 at a time) Hogan & McC would be "inside forwards" rather than wide players.

We need to get away from "1 man in the box" mentality or 4 in the box only on corners.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Grasshopper said:

I think @wilko154 lineup is leaning towards dominating games.

if our security is a truangle of

Chester               Baker

Jedi

and Bree & Taylor are used to push on (1 at a time) Hogan & McC would be "inside forwards" rather than wide players.

We need to get away from "1 man in the box" mentality or 4 in the box only on corners.

Very much this, against some of the weaker sides at home we should be pushing forward instead of sitting back as we did last season.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

Very much this, against some of the weaker sides at home we should be pushing forward instead of sitting back as we did last season.

Against ALL sides at Home, and against about 15/16 Away depending on their styles to some extent.

Whether we do this will - very very quickly IMO - define our season one way or the other.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Hairdo said:

I think Hogan and McCormack would be good together. Smart players. Hogan makes good runs and Ross has the vision to pick him out

I agree with this. It's hard to bench Kodjia though. I was hoping we could see this in preseason:

-----------------Hogan---------------------

----Green--McCormack---Adomah---

-------Hourihane----Lansbury----------

3 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

I agree with this. It's hard to bench Kodjia though. I was hoping we could see this in preseason:

-----------------Hogan---------------------

----Green--McCormack---Adomah---

-------Hourihane----Lansbury----------

= Division 1,

7 hours ago, wilko154 said:

Could this potentially work... or would it be a bit RDM

McCormack Kodjia Hogan

Hourihane Jedinak Lansbury

Taylor Baker Chester Bree

GK

As a diamond with Hogan and Jk upfront that'd work.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, alreadyexists said:

I think we will know fairly early on what the crack is as McC won't stand for this garbage long ball shit if he's still got that as his plan A B & C. Which is a very good thing IMO.

corrected

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Grasshopper said:

Just looking at it from a players perspective

I can see what you mean... but I think players have a duty to their team to 'buy in' to the way a team works and plays. I doubt Benteke really wanted to be tracking back for corners like he always used to, but he did what was necessary. I don't want this to be another Bruce out thread though, so maybe we'all leave it there? :) 

8 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

I can see what you mean... but I think players have a duty to their team to 'buy in' to the way a team works and plays. I doubt Benteke really wanted to be tracking back for corners like he always used to, but he did what was necessary. I don't want this to be another Bruce out thread though, so maybe we'all leave it there? :) 

completely agree.

Maybe McC took exception to being told to be on the bench and seeing himself eventually overtaken by Gaby in the pecking order. Then to cap it all when selected being hoofed at or ignored when making good movement and being in good positions, which is what he was bought for.

One doesnt buy a plough then tell it to be a combine-harvester.

regardless of the factors, divorce, alcohol, faulty gates and skin-growths. I would, in the same position, be furious and would not accept it.

Edited by Grasshopper

On 2017-6-15 at 13:19, Hairdo said:

I think Hogan and McCormack would be good together. Smart players. Hogan makes good runs and Ross has the vision to pick him out

If we learn to pass to feet and not hoof it every singe time. 

Edited by The Fun Factory

Â