Ross McCormack

dont_do_it_doug.

6 minutes ago, Farlz said:

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-ross-mccormack-12994763

I actually said I'd never want to see him play for us again but with his personal issues which have clearly caused an issue I should probably give him another chance.

Kodjia injury might be a blessing in disguise ya know.

1 - We get Ross busting a gut to be in the best shape of his life

2 - Get's the chance to be a main fixture as he is used to being (And loved)

3 - Capable of intelligent link up play and passing which will suit Hogan down to the ground

4 - GOALS

By the time Kodjia comes back, it will be part of a more well oil machined primed to go full steam ahead.

• Like 1

I really want this to work, hope he can sort himself out. He was the signing I was most excited about last summer, if he can get back to his best it would improve us massively as he likes to come deep and collect the ball. Bruce has talked a lot about wanting to play 2 up front so you need one of them to come deep at times, Ross would be that man.

• Like 4

Probably the most intelligent footballer we have had in the last decade in terms of his movement and passing. I was so impressed watching him earlier in the season. Sadly nobody else in our team was on his wavelength. If he can get over his undoubted issues and integrate with the rest of the squad (and if Bruce can work out how to use him) he will be an absolute star.

However I remain pessimistic and do not think this will happen.

He will be coming into a team full of more intelligent players. Hopefully the likes of Hourihane, Lansbury and Hogan can link with him, as earlier this season McCormack was a yard ahead of the rest of the team scarily. 

I feel we may see the best of him next year, or is that hope?

Yeah, it's a good job our current manager hasn't alienated him, he'll be raring to go when he comes back from loan. Fabulous man management, that's why he's getting the very best out of our current squad. 

• Like 1

I did feel for Ross at the start of the season, he did take up good positions but was often ignored.

Kodgia unfortunately is the main culprit, he is great as a lone striker but cannot play in a pair, as Hogan is now seeing.

McCormack and Hogan if fit and firing could be a blessing in disguise.

• Like 3

I've wanted to see McCormack and Hogan as a partnership since we signed Hogan, and my view hasn't changed yet.

Also with Kodjia out for the next few months it'd be madness not to bring him back into the fold. Give him a full pre-season under Bruce and go from there.

Edit: Just saw the article on the last page which suggests that exactly this is happening so good stuff

Edited by Phumfeinz

11 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Kodjia injury might be a blessing in disguise ya know.

1 - We get Ross busting a gut to be in the best shape of his life

2 - Get's the chance to be a main fixture as he is used to being (And loved)

3 - Capable of intelligent link up play and passing which will suit Hogan down to the ground

4 - GOALS

By the time Kodjia comes back, it will be part of a more well oil machined primed to go full steam ahead.

....and then we get promoted,get the 100m and tell the **** to get ****. Hopefully.

Simple fact is he cost 12m, he earns 50k a week - we need to keep him sweet, and motivated and maybe let him get away with a few misdemeanors...but the second we are out of this league I hope we drop him like a stone.

I hope the fans get behind Ross he obviously has had a few issues this year, I think if the fans get behind him he will want to repay the faith shown in him.

He has quality in him I remember his first few games. Remember against derby when he took that terrific shot and hit the bar? McCormack hasn't had the chance if playing with intelligent players like hourihane Hogan and lansbury. Could be a massive positive next season. 

Yep I echo most of the above, would love to see Ross back in form and paired with Hogan. Really think it would bring some much needed balance to the side. Let's hope he can put his problems behind him and push on. It's far too much money wasted for us to get no return. 

Â