Ross McCormack

dont_do_it_doug.

10 minutes ago, Troglodyte said:

I wouldn't wish to speculate on what his issues might be, but if there are mental health problems at play here, surely Bruce's approach to the gate incident has to come under scrutiny?

That's 20/20 hindsight though.  It was the first step in what we now see as a pattern.  At the time it was odd.  And if it was to happen now, then it might be dealt with differently.  Which is why I don't think you can be too harsh in retrospect.  Only in how you proceed.

• Like 4

Ross McCormack has written off his troubled season following an Achilles injury and surgery to remove FIVE cysts from his jaw.

The Aston Villa striker is on loan at Nottingham Forest though he has not been at training for three weeks now and accepts his season is over.

The 30-year-old, a £12.5million signing from Fulham last summer, needs an injection in his injured Achilles over the coming days and endured a three hour operation in Glasgow a fortnight ago to remove the cysts which were caused by an infection in his mouth.

As Sportsmail's exclusive picture shows, owing to the facial swelling, doctors advised McCormack not to train for ten to 14 days. Forest have been supportive of the Scotland international but, with his Achilles also still needing rest, McCormack believes he has played his last game of the campaign.

'It's been a freakish couple of weeks in what has been an abnormal season for me,' McCormack told Sportsmail. 'Forest have been good with me. I wanted to help them but the doctors have advised that I avoid contact in training and rest up.

'I'm not used to seasons where I don't play a lot of games and get my goals. I desperately want to get back to that. Obviously, the move to Villa didn't start as planned but hopefully I can get myself sorted and come back in the summer nice and fresh.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4425918/Ross-McCormack-surgery-remove-FIVE-cysts.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

This clears things up a little better. 

A front line of RMC, Hogan and Kodjia would represent about £40m of talent. IN THE CHAMPIONSHIP.

At least 1 bloke gave it 100% this season. Thank you Dr Xia.

2 minutes ago, av1 said:

A front line of RMC, Hogan and Kodjia would represent about £40m of talent. IN THE CHAMPIONSHIP.

At least 1 bloke gave it 100% this season. Thank you Dr Xia.

This very much. Xia is the only shining light in a dark, dismal season.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Villan_of_oz said:

I hope someone buys him a ladder for Xmas...

Why for Christmas? That's another bloody half season wasted. We should get him one as soon as he arrives back at the end of the season.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, KSV said:

Getting a second chance after clear the air talks according to Bruce. Will be going on the Gabby regime to lose the weight and get fit. "up to Ross now". 

Guess he had to.. we lost Kodjia.. we already have another 12 million pound striker on the books plus Hogan. Why not. I think McCormack can be the missing link in our attack.. he was great linking the midfield to the strikers. I hope he can recapture that form and hunger

We can't have it both ways :P

• Like 3

Steve Bruce has offered forgotten man Ross McCormack an Aston Villa lifeline - but says the Scottish striker must play by his rules.

But Bruce, who has been hit by the news that Jonathan Kodjia faces up to six months on the sidelines with a broken ankle, is willing to forgive and forget.

“He came in and he understands the situation,” Bruce said of his meeting with McCormack.

“There’s a few things in his personal life that I hope has got better and he can then focus on one thing: rebooting his career.

And the boss will now place the former Leeds United and Fulham striker on a similarly gruelling training plan to the one Gabby Agbonlahor endured during Bruce’s first few weeks at the helm.

Bruce continued: “The first thing is to put him on some sort of fitness regime. He will be on a fitness programme to get himself into some sort of physical condition.

“I think he knows himself that he can improve in that area. We’ve had a conversation and the rest is really up to Ross.

“If he abides by the rules, which I’m sure he will do, and respects that then we’ll do everything in our power to get him up and running again.

“If he does that and goes about his business the way it should be done then I’ll give him a chance.”

The truce comes as a huge boost to Bruce, who expects to be without 19-goal top scorer Kodjia for the opening chunk of next season.

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-ross-mccormack-12994763

I actually said I'd never want to see him play for us again but with his personal issues which have clearly caused an issue I should probably give him another chance.

• Like 1

Â