Ross McCormack

dont_do_it_doug.

Just now, AVFC44 said:

If Sunderland come down they're the exact kind of shambolic team who would take a punt on him.

Here's hoping!

They just might go for Richards as well.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, John said:

The club were prepared to give Gabby yet another chance so I wonder whether we might be willing to give McCormack one if he shows some sort of willingness to want to play here again in the summer. 

I think the scenarios are slightly different John. In that when Bruce arrived he said everyone had a clean slate. Now it maybe the case that Gabby has been completely professional since the arrival of Bruce so there is nothing to forgive in Bruce's eyes. 

McCormack has seemingly taken the micheal on Bruce's watch, and the lack of any sort of apology won't sit well either.  

3 hours ago, sne said:

Here's hoping!

Doubt Sunderland will have a pot to piss in - Ellis short hAs cut back a lot on spending in recent months.

A club in crisis!

1 minute ago, Eastie said:

Doubt Sunderland will have a pot to piss in - Ellis short hAs cut back a lot on spending in recent months.

A club in crisis!

True, but I suspect we'll be giving both these guys away almost for free to anyone who takes off our wage list.

4 hours ago, sne said:

Here's hoping!

Gaby, McGate & Richards all for free if they match their wages.

Deal of the Century imho

Would also pretty much garantee

Sunderland -> L1

Maybe Toon fans could forgive us (a bit)

Edited by Grasshopper
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, AVFC44 said:

If Sunderland come down they're the exact kind of shambolic team who would take a punt on him.

Don't Middlesvilla take all our dross these days?

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Eastie said:

Wherever he goes I doubt anyone will get close to offering him the wages villa did -   He needs to have a long think about his future and whether he has the desire to succeed.

Doesn't matter though does it, we will end up subbing them.

8 hours ago, TRO said:

The quintessential " pig in a poke"

I don't think he was a pig in a poke though, he seemed like a really good buy, not just an unknown quantity. I was really pleased when we signed him, and I certainly wasn't complaining with the fee or wages... I thought he was worth it. I was wrong though obv!

(apols if I've misunderstood what a pig in a poke is, I thought it means when you buy something where it's an unknown item and based on guesswork?)

Edited by alreadyexists

15 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

I don't think he was a pig in a poke though, he seemed like a really good buy, not just an unknown quantity. I was really pleased when we signed him, and I certainly wasn't complaining with the fee or wages... I thought he was worth it. I was wrong though obv!

(apols if I've misunderstood what a pig in a poke is, I thought it means when you buy something where it's an unknown item and based on guesswork?)

I think it means you believe you're buying quality, but it soon transpires that you haven't. You end up with a cat rather than a pig.

I think it works in this case, although normally the villain of the piece is the person who's sold you the cat, not the cat itself.

Probably overthinking it now.

Edited by Shropshire Lad
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Shropshire Lad said:

I think it means you believe you're buying quality, but it soon transpires that you haven't. You end up with a cat rather than a pig.

I think it works in this case, although normally the villain of the piece is the person who's sold you the cat, not the cat itself.

Probably overthinking it now.

Ah right, I get it. We thought we were getting a pig, but we got some Scottish tosser instead! :D

1 minute ago, alreadyexists said:

Ah right, I get it. We thought we were getting a pig, but we got some Scottish tosser instead! :D

Must be a Haggis joke somewhere in there.

Although he certainly wasn't sheep.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, alreadyexists said:

Yeah, sort of.

Or you think have got something of quality and it turns out to be not..

similar I suppose.

ps......poke is a sack or a bag.......a pig is what we bought:)

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

Incidentally that expression exists in Swedish as well. "Att stoppa grisen i säcken", to put the pig in the bag/poke. Same meaning too.

Guess putting pigs in bags has been a common practice around various places in Northern Europe. Who'd have thunkd?

• Like 3

Holloway often waxed lyrical about Ross -  maybe  a move to London would suit both parties and we could take smithies in part exchange - a decent keeper in return for a player Holloway thinks very highly of - would be ideal.

Edited by Eastie
  • Like 1

Â