Ross McCormack

dont_do_it_doug.

25 minutes ago, lexicon said:

I'd say he's done Eastie. He's 30, peaked in the last few years and now he's on a downward spiral due to his attitude/possible depression. I can't see him coming back. 

Makes me wonder if Fulham knew about his possible issues but "forgot" to tell us during transfer talks and did a number on us :huh:

Then again, I suppose we'd be no different in their position :D

Meh. He's a busted flush now. Just glad it wasn't my money wasted (sorry, Dr X !)

49 minutes ago, lexicon said:

I'd say he's done Eastie. He's 30, peaked in the last few years and now he's on a downward spiral due to his attitude/possible depression. I can't see him coming back. 

Still got plenty of time ahead if he gets his head right - it's down to him whether he has the desire to do so.

plenty players in their 30s can offer a lot to a team but I don't really see where he fits in our set up under Bruce - I think most likely we take a huge hit on his fee .

24 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

Makes me wonder if Fulham knew about his possible issues but "forgot" to tell us during transfer talks and did a number on us :huh:

Buyer beware

The due diligence should have been done at our end 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Xela said:

Buyer beware

The due diligence should have been done at our end 

Oh yeah, no question about it. I hope lessons have been well and truly learned from it ;)

30 isn't that old, and it's not like his game relies on blistering pace. The question is whether he can be man enough to a] apologise to Bruce, which he hasn't managed yet, and b] take a backup role next season and fight for his place in the side. If he indicated a willingness to do both of those things he might just give Bruce a dilemma, but I anticipate he'll do neither and we'll look to bin him off however we can. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

30 isn't that old, and it's not like his game relies on blistering pace. The question is whether he can be man enough to a] apologise to Bruce, which he hasn't managed yet, and b] take a backup role next season and fight for his place in the side. If he indicated a willingness to do both of those things he might just give Bruce a dilemma, but I anticipate he'll do neither and we'll look to bin him off however we can. 

Some players just lose it. Could well be a mental thing, simply losing his hunger and desire for the game. The thing is, he may never rediscover it, having become very wealthy and probably not needing to work again.

14 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Edit: Just seems odd a Forest player getting booed onto the pitch in a massive local derby for them. What if he'd scored that 95th minute equaliser?

I think the booing was more to the fact that they took of Zach Clough and not Assombalonga. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, lexicon said:

someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but the 'possible depression' all originated from pure speculation in this thread. I don't think there's been any suggestion that it might be the case other than a stab in the dark at explaining his behaviour.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Eastie said:

Needs to sit down with Bruce at the end of the season and see igpf they can put this behind them and make a fresh start with a big improvement in Ross attitude - if the doesn't happen then he will have to depart .

the door is still open to him and this is a big club going places - he won't get another club like villa so he needs to have a long look at himself .

At best he'll be number 3 striker and even then I'd expect SB to bring in a loan forward to back up Kodjia and Hogan.

Is it really sustainable to keep a 15m 40k a week player just as a back up.

He needs to be playing and it won't be here.

1 hour ago, NoelVilla said:

I think the booing was more to the fact that they took of Zach Clough and not Assombalonga. 

Has Assombalonga gone completely downhill there, he's one I'd have been happy if we'd signed during the summer (similar player to Hogan) but another who's had horrendous luck with injuries.

7 minutes ago, HAL said:

we will be lucky to get 5mil for him such a waste of money :I

Maybe best deal would be a swap for someone wherever he goes - he could move to somewhere like wolves in exchange for their canteen tealady ;)

13 hours ago, Davkaus said:

He's not particularly liked, and the local rag had Kenny Burns writing a scathing peice on him a week or two ago that tried to hold him up as everything that is wrong with modern footballers, but most Forest fans are just underwhelmed with him, he's not hated or anything, as far as I can tell.

not that I read the article but I dont think Kenny Burns is wrong. Also at Villa we have had a kit if similar players in recent times. Richards, Lescott, Nzogbia, Sinclair who are also similar shitheads that are wrong with modern game

The club were prepared to give Gabby yet another chance so I wonder whether we might be willing to give McCormack one if he shows some sort of willingness to want to play here again in the summer. Otherwise, I think we face paying his wages (or most of them) to any club that will take him on loan next season or having him doing a Gabby (picking up his wages without earning them until the end of his contract).    

2 hours ago, John said:

The club were prepared to give Gabby yet another chance so I wonder whether we might be willing to give McCormack one if he shows some sort of willingness to want to play here again in the summer. Otherwise, I think we face paying his wages (or most of them) to any club that will take him on loan next season or having him doing a Gabby (picking up his wages without earning them until the end of his contract).    

He can start with apologising to Steve Bruce, his team mates, and the fans first. Then, he can show us he wants to be a footballer for Villa instead of a white elephant.

• Like 2

Nobody will be coming in for him, nobody will cover his contract yet alone pay a fee for him. So in short, we are stuck paying him. It is time we stopped getting treated like words removed, he either wants to come back train hard, show the right attitude...or his career is over.

Â