Ross McCormack

dont_do_it_doug.

On 3/12/2017 at 12:45, Xela said:

As other have said, Bruce.

McCormack is a known trouble maker and bad egg and reportedly even Fulham didn't want him back.

I'm more shocked at the lack of due diligence carried out when we purchased him.

Ditto.

but thats what costs us money.

How are we ever going to get rid of him?

No club will wan't to pay even a third of what we bought him for, nor will they wan't to pay more than a fraction of what we are paying him.

He'll be loaned out for the remainder of his contract while we keep paying most of his salary.

Utterly shocking signing by our "football people".

4 hours ago, sne said:

No club will wan't to pay even a third of what we bought him for, nor will they wan't to pay more than a fraction of what we are paying him.

He'll be loaned out for the remainder of his contract while we keep paying most of his salary.

Or we could try and get the best out of him of course this will take commitment on his part something i'm not convinced he can give us which is a disgrace

• Like 1

4 hours ago, sne said:

I'm hoping that our "football people" are now a greatly improved group of professionals now that Steve Round is on board. At the moment that is merely a hope and we probably won't know a great deal until sometime in the future, as these things take a long time to show fruit. Cultural change is required at all levels of the club. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

His arrival as a second half sub for Forest today was greeted by wide spread booing at the City ground today.

They can't stand him.

Maybe we ought to reduce our asking price to 11 million!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

His arrival as a second half sub for Forest today was greeted by wide spread booing at the City ground today.

They can't stand him.

While I'm not a McCormack fan what exactly has he done to offend them in such a short space of time aside from probably giving lacklustre appearences like with us (even then heard little booing at VP).

Edit: Just seems odd a Forest player getting booed onto the pitch in a massive local derby for them. What if he'd scored that 95th minute equaliser?

The Hogan signing has sealed his fate anyway so yeah might have to be a season long loan somewhere else next season as I assume he still has a good 3 years left on his deal?

Edited by VillaChris
  • Like 1

That is just great. Villa signs a player the season he decides to go into activity retirement, where he decides to do as little as possible but stick his hand out.

" Me footballer! Money give me!"

AHole.

5 hours ago, AJ said:

That is just great. Villa signs a player the season he decides to go into activity retirement, where he decides to do as little as possible but stick his hand out.

" Me footballer! Money give me!"

AHole.

Our new n zogbia just fatter and out of shape

• Like 2

On 3/16/2017 at 01:05, VillanousOne said:

He maybe a massive dick, but he can score goals when in the mood and has the talent, so not quite the same as most flops we sign. 

He has also scored a lot of goals for virtually every team he's played for, so there is still a chance he could come back and clean up his act. My issue is his age and motivation both seem in question.

Yes, too bad his problems have meant that effectively we won't be seeing the best of him here.

I'm probably going to need a tin helmet but here goes.....

Given the money we have spent on him when he gets back in the summer I would reassess the whole situation. Bruce needs to sit down with him find out what his state of mind is, see whether he wants to play for Villa and assess him during pre-season. if all that turns to nothing sell him.

As a couple of posters have said he scores goals everywhere he has played so why not us? Gabby has had lots of chances over the years after exhibiting a much poorer attitude so why not give McCormack a chance to prove himself? We need a number of players who can score goals for us, a luxury we have not had for years.

Personally I don't think we should just write off the money have spent on him regardless of how rich a club we may or may not be. Whether we should have spent the money in the first place is a different debate but we did.

• Like 4

23 hours ago, sne said:

This is exactly how I see it going down. The fee was always going to be a write off but that was OK as he was going to provide the goals to propel us back to the PL where the new riches would make that insignificant. 

However no one will pay anything like his wages so we are stuck with them through a series of loans. Draining us of money for years just like so many we have had recently. 

Only possible way it might work is if a relegated team take a punt on him next year, if we allow a free they might match his wages. Problem is he doesn't look like any kind of form will return. We need to pray he somehow manages to bag a few goals before the season end which looks highly unlikely. 

Agreed, we were promised we would not sign any more players with suspect attitudes yet the most expensive signing we made was just that. How do we keep doing this? 

• Like 2

I was actually there yesterday (live in Nottingham, a mate had a spare ticket).

There was booing when the sub was announced, seemed mostly to be people pissed off that Clough was being taken off rather than the booing being directed at McCormack though. He had a decent game as well, which helped.

He's not particularly liked, and the local rag had Kenny Burns writing a scathing peice on him a week or two ago that tried to hold him up as everything that is wrong with modern footballers, but most Forest fans are just underwhelmed with him, he's not hated or anything, as far as I can tell.

• Like 3

Needs to sit down with Bruce at the end of the season and see igpf they can put this behind them and make a fresh start with a big improvement in Ross attitude - if the doesn't happen then he will have to depart .

the door is still open to him and this is a big club going places - he won't get another club like villa so he needs to have a long look at himself .

• Like 3

Â