Ross McCormack

dont_do_it_doug.

7 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

I can't think of anything more damning for Aussie football than having someone come into the league and pretend to be a footballer. Makes an absolute mockery of the league.

Usain Bolt giving it a crack too is laughable

Next time somebody says “oh my god he’s scoring goals in Australia. OLIVE BRANCH!!!”

I’ll be pointing them then towards this post :)

6 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

I don’t think I’ve ever been so excited for a press conference. Roll on the unveiling tomorrow, really intrigued with what he will have to say. 

Welcome Smiffy. 

I was just about to post that I don’t think I’ve been as excited about a new manager since MON. 

Theres a real feel good factor about Smith and Terry. 

Edit: I have no idea how this post just ended up in this thread. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I was just about to post that I don’t think I’ve been as excited about a new manager since MON. 

Say .......3 x hail Mary's

10 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

It confused the hell out of me. Thought I’d posted that in this thread for a second. ?

Edited by villan-scott

On 13/10/2018 at 03:03, Stevo985 said:

Next time somebody says “oh my god he’s scoring goals in Australia. OLIVE BRANCH!!!”

Would only work if Bolt is banging in the goals ;) 

We’ll never know the truth about what happened with McCormack but it does seem he had a lot of personal problems during his time at Villa.  The fact he has gone out to Australia to play twice does suggest he wants to continue playing. He is not just a Gabby or Ngoz happy to sit on the sidelines cashing in. 

On 19/10/2018 at 17:38, sir_gary_cahill said:

I wouldn’t write him off, yes we overpaid for him at the time but he’s still a quality footballer at this level

Oh my gosh - just how very dare you suggest an olive branch - to a footballer who has twice flown to the other side of the world in an attempt to prove he does still have some desire to play football. 

I am with you entirely on this - we are clearly not so good that we could do without a proven goalscorer at this level  and I would hope DS could micro manage him better than Bruce could ever be bothered to.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Dave J said:

Oh my gosh - just how very dare you suggest an olive branch - to a footballer who has twice flown to the other side of the world in an attempt to prove he does still have some desire to play football. 

I am with you entirely on this - we are clearly not so good that we could do without a proven goalscorer at this level  and I would hope DS could micro manage him better than Bruce could ever be bothered to.

I agree with you

On 12/10/2018 at 20:03, Stevo985 said:

:D

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

21 hours ago, Dave J said:

or flown to the other side of the world to play in a standard of league that will still let him score goals whilst having the physique and diet of Bernard Manning? :detect:

2 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

or flown to the other side of the world to play in a standard of league that will still let him score goals whilst having the physique and diet of Bernard Manning? :detect:

Or he could have stayed in Brum whilst still drawing that big fat salary for doing diddly squat.

Â