Ross McCormack

dont_do_it_doug.

5 hours ago, Dave J said:

Our differences in this matter I feel fundamentally lie in your view that Gabby would outscore McCormack if both given the same amount of game time ? Personally I do not think he would - but we are never going to know are we? 

Theres a competition id never want to see!

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

There's absolutely no chance I would bring him back into the club at this moment in time. Or ever. 

I don't agree with the assertion that he's not very good, he is very good footballer. But his attitude frankly stinks, he doesn't want to be here and it seems the manager doesn't want him here. Why introduce that kind of spanner into the works now?

When asked the other day what his future held his first response was to say that at least he has the security of a 2 and a half year contract here. **** him. 

Team spirit seems tremendous at present - I see nothing to be gained in bringing him back either - has a reputation now as something  of a bad apple and not worth the risk at this stage of the season 

• Like 3

"McCormack conceded that his future at promotion-chasing Villa was all but over under manager Steve Bruce.

“If (a City deal can’t be sorted) then I’ll go back to Villa and probably have to look for another loan move as well,’’ he said.

“It’s not my decision but I think it’s probably been made clear that I won’t be around the team there which is fine, that’s football, that’s what happens.”

Here

• Like 1

12 hours ago, VILLAMARV said:

We simply just don't know what happened between them. Whatever McCormack's issues may be It amazes me that people are so quick to assume it's something that can blow over.

Absolutely this.

I would look to let him stay in A-League and away from the club until a perminant deal away from this club is sorted.

In an A-League related story Brisbane Roar just crashed out of the Asian Champions League against Filipino team Ceres Negros after a 2-3 defeat.

Not only that, but the numbers on the back of the Brisbane players shirts started to peel off and had to be taped on

DUOQARVU0AEqCWK.jpg

38 y.o Massimo Maccarone formerly at Middlesbrough scored for Brisbane.

Anyway this doesn't necessarily mean the A-League is a joke, but it's not a great advert either.

Keep on keeping on Ross. 

• Like 1

On 22/01/2018 at 18:11, dont_do_it_doug. said:

There's absolutely no chance I would bring him back into the club at this moment in time. Or ever. 

I don't agree with the assertion that he's not very good, he is very good footballer. But his attitude frankly stinks, he doesn't want to be here and it seems the manager doesn't want him here. Why introduce that kind of spanner into the works now?

When asked the other day what his future held his first response was to say that at least he has the security of a 2 and a half year contract here. **** him. 

It’s not my decision but I think it’s probably been made clear that I won’t be around the team there which is fine, that’s football, that’s what happens.”

I am not so sure these are the sentiments of someone who does not care ? I have absolutely no clue as to what the issues are that reportedly surround McCormack - but surely given his stint down under  which appears to have given Ross a new found desire, form, fitness and so forth - this could illicit a conversation between grown adults? After all Bruce bought back a striker who never scores- I would only ask what is the difference and surely Ross could add to our match day 18? At the end of the day Doug - none of us know how Ross might respond  to feel wanted once more - if nothing else comes out of this other than him scoring a handful of goals between now and May at least his valuation and reputation would climb again - would you not think?

You've picked a different quote that doesn't delegitimise the other. 

I trust they've had the conversation with Ross, several times. For some reason you don't, you think Bruce is rejecting a potentially good player for no valid reason. 

I don't care about Ross McCormack and nor do I care about bumping up his value if it might in any way disrupt our rise out of the league, which clearly they do. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, sne said:

In an A-League related story Brisbane Roar just crashed out of the Asian Champions League against Filipino team Ceres Negros after a 2-3 defeat.

Not only that, but the numbers on the back of the Brisbane players shirts started to peel off and had to be taped on

DUOQARVU0AEqCWK.jpg

38 y.o Massimo Maccarone formerly at Middlesbrough scored for Brisbane.

Anyway this doesn't necessarily mean the A-League is a joke, but it's not a great advert either.

Keep on keeping on Ross. 

Yeah, the above player wears 22 and after his numbers fell off, they had to use tape to turn a 77 into a 22. There are a couple of well run clubs in the A-League but moments and performances like that do not help its reputation. The present is a very critical time for Australian football.

2 hours ago, Dave J said:

It’s not my decision but I think it’s probably been made clear that I won’t be around the team there which is fine, that’s football, that’s what happens.”

I am not so sure these are the sentiments of someone who does not care ? I have absolutely no clue as to what the issues are that reportedly surround McCormack - but surely given his stint down under  which appears to have given Ross a new found desire, form, fitness and so forth - this could illicit a conversation between grown adults? After all Bruce bought back a striker who never scores- I would only ask what is the difference and surely Ross could add to our match day 18? At the end of the day Doug - none of us know how Ross might respond  to feel wanted once more - if nothing else comes out of this other than him scoring a handful of goals between now and May at least his valuation and reputation would climb again - would you not think?

Why do you automatically assume McCormacks 'side' in the argument? 

Or do you just believe everything players say in the media? (remember when Delph said he was staying?) 

I don't get it Dave, we're not short on goals, we're winning games, feels like nitpicking in the vain hope of finding something to fault Bruce for. 

Â