Half Siblings

maqroll

Good thread :thumb:

Im the oldest, have 2 brothers. Middle one has exactly the same interests as me and into same music etc Younger brother hates football and has complete different interests, we all get on in general but me and the youngest do have a fair few arguments and wind each other up.I actually gave him a bone marrow transplant 4 years ago which made us get on better but it soon turned back to normal lol. Weve never been 'close' so to speak, we all just do our own thing and see each other when we do. Moms side has 30 members including kids etc. Dads side has 9 in total. Missus family is tiny and she suffers with the overwhelming big family thing as mentioned by someone above. 

On 31/07/2016 at 13:32, Tegis said:

One sibling here and I absolutely love my brother, we share the same interests in sports and working profession and when we are together it's great fun. But we have never been really close. 6 years between us plays a part. We never went to the same school, when I moved out he was 13, when he started working after school, I moved south by 400 miles. He had his first kid when mine where 15. I'd say we are more like cousins. It's a bit strange. Total opposite to my missus who is more or less attached to her sister at the hip.

Pics or GTFO ;)

• Like 2

On 31/07/2016 at 12:36, Xela said:

I find the get-togethers overwhelming and I can't say I enjoy them in the slightest. Always looking for excuses not to attend! I've been called miserable and a loner but its not that, I just don't enjoy things like that! 

This, times one billion. i HATE gatherings and it stresses me out.

I've been engaged for 3 years and dread the day of the wedding, I just want to **** off to gretna but she ain't having it :(

16 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Oddly enough, despite my comments above, I quite like the the family gatherings. 

Aren't they a bit "new" for your liking?

• Like 1

I'm really crow-barring this post into this topic, but my mate's mum fell pregnant with him when she was 16 and he's never met his dad.

Apparently he lives close to them and his family bumps into the bloke occasionally, but my mate just isn't interested in even knowing who it is.

There's been times when he's out with his mum for a meal and she'll say "your dad's here, I just saw him", but my mate doesn't want to know.

And it FASCINATES me. How can you not even not want to know who it is?

Oldest with a brother a couple of years younger, and a sister who is 14 years younger. At times I felt guilty when I 'forgot' I had a sister. After the first few years of her life I was off travelling, university and then living in a city too far for contact beyond a visit home 3 times a year. She's now heading into her final year at school herself and it just seems so weird, like she just went from kid sister delighted to see me to grumpy teen, getting drunk on the sly :D It's weird but not surprising given the lack of growing up together. My brother and I are much closer in age but also its only been the last 2-3 years that we've become closer again after I suppose a ten yearish gap after I left home doing my own thing. He's always stayed near my folks in the Midlands and I've always been content doing my thing so perfectly understandable but nice all the same. 

Edited by Rodders

8 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

I'm really crow-barring this post into this topic, but my mate's mum fell pregnant with him when she was 16 and he's never met his dad.

Apparently he lives close to them and his family bumps into the bloke occasionally, but my mate just isn't interested in even knowing who it is.

There's been times when he's out with his mum for a meal and she'll say "your dad's here, I just saw him", but my mate doesn't want to know.

And it FASCINATES me. How can you not even not want to know who it is?

Maybe he's heard of Oedipus, and doesn't want to get a complex?

Â