The VT "It's the weekend!" thread

Xela

trying to force myself through the most phenomenally dull essay I've had to write, on the most boring module. Studies in Management. Absolute nonsense and waste of everyone's time and money. I'm not a manager, but if I was I very much doubt it would be due to any of this classroom theoretical gibberish. Sure, a module on budgeting would be practically useful, but all this faddish crap does my head in. It might be the depression of a post-fact reality that's led me to be extremely cynical about the value of many degrees nowadays, this one feels like a con, but what can you do? ( Drink, got some 12 year old Speyside whiskey for later )  Absolute garbage. 

And no football of any note either :( 

Edited by Rodders
  • Like 1

Went out with some friends from work last night for a meal and drinks with a few staying over.  They've made a mess in my kitchen cooking up the "fat boy" fry-up this morning but I forgive them.  Tonight I'm treating myself to a super hot curry.  Tomorrow I'll be regretting it all.  

A quiet one for me. Plus I have Monday off, which is nice. Going to catch up on my sleep, tidy my apartment up and generally chill out 

I'm off to Brum later today (from Portsmouth) to spend time with the folks.  A nice steak meal tonight followed by the Motorhome and Caravan* show at the NEC tomorrow (followed by another meal out).

*I hate caravans but motorhomes are flippin fantastic. 

• Like 1

I'm off out for a few beers with a few work mates tonight.  It has been a long time since I've been to "The Vaults" - a cracking selection of craft beers (it was over 70 the last time I went!).  I feel as though I need it after the grueling "tell us about your emotions" training course I've been on this week.  

Wine_Vaults_Southsea.png

Tomorrow - recover and watch / listen to the Villa. Rock n Roll.  

Edited by trekka

Finally got over the flu, so celebrated by taking the missus out for lunch. Three courses and bottle of wine later, I feel like I have a hundredweight of cement in my stomach. 

The little fella turns 12 tomorrow so his birthday weekend we have Bear Grylls at the NEC tomorrow and then over to the Space thingy in Leicester on Sunday

As I'm in Brum , all i have to do now is somehow go awol between 15:00 and 16:45 and hope the family don't realise :) 

Its the weekend mother flubbers!

What we all up to? Sex, drugs and rock n roll I hope?

Me? After an arduous week at the coal face, I shall mostly be relaxing. Or chillaxing as a word removed might say. Maybe a few beers tomorrow but general jist of the weekend will be about some downtime. 3 weeks until I break up for nearly 3 weeks... can't wait. 

Â