The VT "It's the weekend!" thread

Xela

11 minutes ago, Rodders said:

date night tonight,  and then a trip to see her folks for the first time in Abergavenny tomorrow. Looking forward to it, we're going for a curry and booze evening. I feel like family already.

I like Abergavenny.

I always recommend people go to the sausage butchers - Rawlings (if they like sausages)

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Rodders said:

date night tonight,  and then a trip to see her folks for the first time in Abergavenny tomorrow. Looking forward to it, we're going for a curry and booze evening. I feel like family already.

We were near Abergavenny this afternoon (Monmouth). 

7 hours ago, Rodders said:

3 cocktails in and she's hammered. ? in 5 months I've never seen her drunk beyond tipsy. Not even quarter to 8 and 3 long islands have slayed her. Gives me some good material for meeting the parents tomorrow :crylaugh: ( if need be )

On 28/09/2018 at 11:49, Rodders said:

How did the evening with the folks go Rodders? Nice curry house and pubs in Abergavenny?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Shropshire Lad said:

How did the evening with the folks go Rodders? Nice curry house and pubs in Abergavenny?

They were actually. Curry was delicious, but had worked up an appetite following a hearty walk. Glorious weather, views and pubs full of locals, one of which featured a fellow who spoke with an accent that suggested he was permanently glued to the bar. Friendly enough though, my partner is 6 ft 2 so always gets comments! Would be a lovely place to spend a day pub walking.

• Like 2

Not a lot planned - fly out to Bangkok 5 weeks today so having a few quiet weekends beforehand. 

Will pop to see folks tomorrow - they are in the midst of packing up their house ahead of a move to the countryside. 

Sunday will be chilling and NFL

Volunteering at parkrun tomorrow at 9am. To a mate's house after for a bellybuster breakfast...a different mate's house for the evening.

Sunday....lunch date with a girl I've known for years...not sure how that'll turn out...probably a "mate date"....Sunday night prepping food for work and ironing work stuff.

Rock n roll lifestyle eh ?

On 28/09/2018 at 19:35, Xela said:

Self loathing, masturbation, further self loathing, and wallowing in self pity. 

Usual weekend then 

Thanks for explaining how Bruce's weekend will be. How about yourself @Xela

Edited by sidcow

Have my kid tonight until Saturday afternoon.

Afterwards going for a run, then keep in touch with the game I guess. Then it’s drinks in Birmingham, it will be my first drop of alcohol since the start of September. Think we’ll be in The Church, my mate wants to try the Indian Brewery too.

Sunday, nothing planned. Maybe watch some of the football.

9 hours ago, sidcow said:

Thanks for explaining how Bruce's weekend will be. How about yourself @Xela

I'll be doing the same but using a cabbage as a masturbatory aid. 

• Haha 3

On 05/10/2018 at 23:27, Shropshire Lad said:

Have my kid tonight until Saturday afternoon.

Afterwards going for a run, then keep in touch with the game I guess. Then it’s drinks in Birmingham, it will be my first drop of alcohol since the start of September. Think we’ll be in The Church, my mate wants to try the Indian Brewery too.

Sunday, nothing planned. Maybe watch some of the football.

It ended up being, the old royal, Lord clifden, the church, Indian brewery, old contemptibles followed by a train home and ending the night drinking with the locals. Not drinking again for another few weeks now.

Quiet one this Saturday, fatherly duties, no football to irritate me, may catch up on a bit of telly once she’s asleep.

Sunday dinner with the family. Cups of tea throughout the weekend.

Edited by Shropshire Lad
  • Like 1

I'm cooking for six tomorrow night, already done the pakoras and slow-cooked beef madras. Tomorrow will do a chicken and prawn masala. Currently listening to Fleetwood Mac lps that were delivered today (GO LINDSEY!) and having numerous drinks after an evening of naughty shenanigans.

• Like 3

Â