The VT "It's the weekend!" thread

Xela

1 hour ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Pondering, and wondering, mostly. Can’t wait for Sunday, it’s raining on us all day. Have a nice weekend folks. 

Pondering what?

I'm coming up to Birmingham in the morning. Drop our daughter off at her grandparents and a rare weekend just the 2 of us. A trip to the jewellery quarter to look at wedding rings and a craft beer thing at the custard factory on the evening and a night in a hotel.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

Birthday weekend.

Birmingham clue Hq escape room, followed by Tandoori mix  grill @Hen and Chickens (I’m sure @mottaloo and @Xela would appreciate that). Followed by pub craw round JQ. Probably find the AJ fight somewhere if can still see by then.

Sunday, wallow in self pity

Excellent plan of action there laddie but as i always say where desi grills are concerned :

pics or GTFO !

Bon appetit !

On 21/09/2018 at 21:39, mikeyp102 said:

Birthday weekend.

Birmingham clue Hq escape room, followed by Tandoori mix  grill @Hen and Chickens (I’m sure @mottaloo and @Xela would appreciate that). Followed by pub craw round JQ. Probably find the AJ fight somewhere if can still see by then.

Sunday, wallow in self pity

How was the grill and pub crawl and how is he wallowing going today?! :D

Went for a few ciders and an indian grill on Friday at the Covered Wagon in Moseley ( @mottaloo  - worth checking out!) and rest of the weekend has just been spent chilling and dreading going back to work tomorrow

On 22/09/2018 at 10:41, mottaloo said:

Excellent plan of action there laddie but as i always say where desi grills are concerned :

pics or GTFO !

Bon appetit !

Haha unfortunately I didn’t take photos

4 minutes ago, Xela said:

How was the grill and pub crawl and how is he wallowing going today?! :D

It was pretty good, 2 large mix grill (1with added Fish Pakoras) masala fries and normal fries between 6 of us 

As for the pub crawl enjoyable, Lord Clifton was packed for the fight though 

Haha well the wallowing is normal, feeling sorry for myself watching shite films 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Xela said:

Went for a few ciders and an indian grill on Friday at the Covered Wagon in Moseley ( @mottaloo  - worth checking out!) and rest of the weekend has just been spent chilling and dreading going back to work tomorrow

Wait, what? Indian grill? At the Covered Wagon? That used to be my school local. 

47 minutes ago, Xela said:

Yup! Been a indian grill pub for about 12 months I think. 

https://www.thecoveredwagon.co.uk/our-pub

Mmmmm...........deffo interesting, but Moseley......that's south side dude.........miles away ?........some of the starter prices are a bit steep......for the mixer, did you get a "large portion" ? ?

Mogo chips sound intriguing.......like something from Blazin' Saddles !

Edited by mottaloo

7 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

Mmmmm...........deffo interesting, but Moseley......that's south side dude.........miles away ?........some of the starter prices are a bit steep......for the mixer, did you get a "large portion" ? ?

Mogo chips sound intriguing.......like something from Blazin' Saddles !

It was straight from work and I work in Edgbaston, so not too far. Got a lift home as well - result!

From memory we had 2x large grills, 3x assorted curries, 7x nan, 3x chilli chips and a side of fish pakoras. Between 6 of us. 

Edited by Xela
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Xela said:

How come? ?

Worked all day Saturday in the wind and rain. Didn’t want to, but cash in my back pocket. Me and the wife tried spending the weekend together to try and rescue our marriage, but no spark at all. Friday night, Saturday night, and today has been shit. Going back my mums in a bit. To top it off, villa got beat. 

• Sad 3

Got the day off tomorrow cuz my mate is getting married in a few weeks so this is his big drink.

There is only 5 of us going out for it but I'm still dreading it, I enjoy my mates company on a one to one basis, put us in a group and I  can't be arsed.

My one saving grace is that none of the words removed can drink these days, I've had a few stellas and a few rums just to thicken my blood in preparation. 

Apparently we are getting on it at 10am tomorrow  morning, my plan is to hit it hard and finish early, if it goes long then I can still do that, Saturday could be messy as well.

I'm too old for this shit 

Â