The VT "It's the weekend!" thread

Xela

12 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Going to Blackpool Saturday morning and come back Sunday afternoon with still having Monday off to chill. Going with the missus and kids, just hope the weather holds out.

Don't go. My missus went there 3 weeks ago for a colleague's leaving do. "it'll be shit" I said.

When she gets back - "We had fun but Blackpool is REALLY shit".

5 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

Don't go. My missus went there 3 weeks ago for a colleague's leaving do. "it'll be shit" I said.

When she gets back - "We had fun but Blackpool is REALLY shit".

Yeah I know it's not the best but it was the only place we could do one night at and its cheap. The weather is meant to be ok so the kids will enjoy the beach and that. Be full of mancs and scousers though. It's alright for going on the piss and getting your end away but I'm not going for that:) might have a look tonight to see if there is any other options as it's free cancellation.

Back to Brum this weekend to spend some time with the folks.  That's after handing over my flat in Portsmouth to my sister and her boyfriend (they love a cheap / free break). 

Had a monster week at work again, so will be recharging my batteries. 

Possibly a non league game tomorrow... depending on weather. If so, it'll be beers, a pub lunch and an afternoon on the terraces. Sunday, I've decided to rest and Monday depends on my mates, if they can arrange childcare. If so, maybe a few scoops locally 

Record fair at Slade Rooms, Wolvo, then to Hogs Head where fish, peas and curly fries are £2.99. three pints of Brewdog Punk went down well too ;) It's great when your other half can drive and isn't bothered about having an ale

HUB Festival in Cardiff. A proper pick me up after the footy. Hadn't seen any live music in a long long time, so loads of bands of all sorts from brass bands through electric, rock, metal etc, finishing off with a wonderful set by a ska / funk / reggae type band ( you know, the trombone, trumpet, high energy, good fun vibes ) which was thoroughly enjoyable. Crinkle Cuts was the band. Properly enjoyed myself this evening. Was going to be one day for me, but very tempted to lounge up there most of tomorrow too. 

• 4 weeks later...

So, what are you bunch of degenerates up to this weekend?

I'm doing naff all! Exactly what I want. Done another 65 hour week so shattered. This weekend is sleep, eat and watch box sets. I was meant to be out for a few scoops on Broad St tomorrow but its been cancelled, which suits me.

3 minutes ago, Xann said:

Bought Whitley Neill and nice tonic.

Sat in the garden listening to Funk.

Tomorrow, friends who have got a night off from the kids are coming... We're going to need more gin.

Was gonna pop for a beer tonight, but cor be arsed now, as me foot is giving me jip. Spinning some tunes at a mate's party tomorrow night, so that should be good, although he's a Toon fan, so how good a mood I'm in depends on the match. We lose, and he gets a set of Black Metal. 

Edited by dAVe80
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, choffer said:

Who are we kidding? This is Ruge we're talking about.

Ruge: "If the caravan's knocking, in you come."

"Come in and piss over us and then violate me with a vacuum attachment"

• Like 2

Â