The VT "It's the weekend!" thread

Xela

Out last night, at a gig on my lonesome onesome 'cos nobody I know has any taste or culture. The gig was everything you can expect from a hastily arranged 3 bands for a tenner. Out tonight for pub grub and what looks like could be my first alcohol in a couple of months. Friends over on the weekend so we’ve got a few all weather coastal walks planned ‘cos they like to see the spume.

Captain's log, 09:29.

I am currently hiding upstairs pretending to iron a shirt, while The Monstrous Regiment of Women are all in the living room, not only having their hair done, but being photographed having their hair done... 

• Like 1

Captain's log, 09:35

My sanctuary has just been violated by the photographer, wanting to photograph me ironing my shirt. Have told her to Do One, and locked the door. 

It's going to be a long day. 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, mjmooney said:

My sanctuary has just been violated by the photographer, wanting to photograph me ironing my shirt. Have told her to Do One, and locked the door. 

Good luck with it all Mooney. Hope it all goes greatly for you all.

Although secretly we're probably all hoping you're so hanging come speech time that you become a youtube star overnight ;)

1 hour ago, mjmooney said:

You should have had that photo taken.

These photos ain't for you, they're for your daughter, and she'll probably show them her kids when you aren't here any longer.  "This was your granddad, getting ready to give me away". 

Not to be too morbid, and I do understand your reluctance for the photo - but just try to grin and bear it bud x 

AND HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY! :)?

On 10/08/2018 at 11:42, mjmooney said:

Captain's log, 11:40 - waiting to go into the registry office...

IMG_20180810_113940.jpg

She's a bit young for you mate.

Only saying what everyone's thinking ;)

• Haha 2

Having a quiet one after hitting it hard last weekend and taking days to recover!

Chill out tonight and will stick a film on later. Lie in tomorrow and then play it by ear...

10 minutes ago, Xela said:

Having a quiet one after hitting it hard last weekend and taking days to recover!

Chill out tonight and will stick a film on later. Lie in tomorrow and then play it by ear...

Thought you were knocking it all on the head ? it's amazing how quick you forget the misery of recovering from a sesh. Within a week you're ready for another go at it. 

1 minute ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Thought you were knocking it all on the head ? it's amazing how quick you forget the misery of recovering from a sesh. Within a week you're ready for another go at it. 

To be fair it was the first time i'd hit it hard in a while and it was for my mates 40th. 

Started at midday in Brum and made it to about 2am! ?

Â