The VT "It's the weekend!" thread

Xela

Couple of beers tonight but early to bed. Get up at about 2am and work the road until about 8am, take the missus shopping as early as possible...

Come home for a bit to rest up, then out for a few (ok more than a few) beers before going to the Psychedelic Furs gig,

Sunday, I'm going to attempt gardening and then more work in the car in the evening.

Go for a six mile run tomorrow. 

Saturday night will be my first without parental duties in over a week. The plan is to meet my mate who haven’t seen since the snow prevented the QPR game. The evening will mainly involve drinking beer and not discussing Villa.

Sunday, it’s father’s day. Not sure what I’ll be doing.

• 2 weeks later...

Heading out to the Jewellery Quarter on Saturday. A few of my mates haven’t been drinking there before, so I’m looking forward to showing them some of the pubs that can be found there.

The clifden, the church, rose villa, the button factory and maybe the red lion will all be receiving our custom. Hopefully we’ll have time for the Victoria before the last train back.

• Like 2

On 16/06/2018 at 09:19, Seat68 said:

Am away in my motorhome near Whitchurch in Shropshire. First time in 6 weeks due to a screwed gearbox. Now it looks like the glow plugs are on the fritz. 

What type of motorhome have you got? I looked at prices of them with my Dad once and they hold their value well!

8 hours ago, Shropshire Lad said:

Heading out to the Jewellery Quarter on Saturday. A few of my mates haven’t been drinking there before, so I’m looking forward to showing them some of the pubs that can be found there.

The clifden, the church, rose villa, the button factory and maybe the red lion will all be receiving our custom. Hopefully we’ll have time for the Victoria before the last train back.

Some great places there. The Clifden is fantastic but always so busy. Church has a wonderful (and big roof) terrace. 

Been too long since I did a JQ crawl. 

Been a hectic week at work for me so taking it easy tonight

BBQ tomorrow avo and nothing planned for Sunday. Will be trying to make the most of the sunshine as barely seen it this week due to work! 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Xela said:

Some great places there. The Clifden is fantastic but always so busy. Church has a wonderful (and big roof) terrace. 

Been too long since I did a JQ crawl. 

Yeah I’m expecting most of them, if not all to be pretty busy what with the weather and the football. We shall battle through. 

Not been on the roof terrace at the Church before, apparently I tried celebrating new year’s eve there a while back, but I’ve no memory of it. 

It’s a great place. I’m far from an expert in knowing what places in Birmingham to go out in, but these days whenever a night out there is suggested, I’m immediately thinking of the JQ.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Xela said:

What type of motorhome have you got? I looked at prices of them with my Dad once and they hold their value well!

I have a 1988 Hymer. Its a money pit that does hold its price. As I type I am at a marina near Lichfield in it. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

I have a 1988 Hymer. Its a money pit that does hold its price. As I type I am at a marina near Lichfield in it. 

Did you buy it off Q from James Bond's office?

• Like 1

On 29/06/2018 at 19:36, Shropshire Lad said:

Yeah I’m expecting most of them, if not all to be pretty busy what with the weather and the football. We shall battle through. 

Not been on the roof terrace at the Church before, apparently I tried celebrating new year’s eve there a while back, but I’ve no memory of it. 

It’s a great place. I’m far from an expert in knowing what places in Birmingham to go out in, but these days whenever a night out there is suggested, I’m immediately thinking of the JQ.

How was it pal?

27 minutes ago, Xela said:

How was it pal?

It was good, cheers. The Clifden was, as anticipated, rammed. Managed to find a table on the roof terraces at both The Church and The Button Factory.

The Red Lion was quiet, the Rose Villa was fairly chilled and enjoyable, caught almost all of the evening game between those two. The Victoria was decent too.

Overall marks for the evening, a fairly solid 8/10 I think.

I was nursing a moderate hangover this morning.

• Like 1

Watching football and relaxing tonight

Small game of football and some food after tomorrow. 

Relax on Sunday and enjoy the sunshine 

18 minutes ago, Milfner said:

At a **** wedding tomorrow. Ceremony starts at half 1, straight in to a meal afterwards. Nailed on to miss the game. Never even met them ffs. 

They won't miss you then ;)

• Like 1

Â