The VT "It's the weekend!" thread

Xela

10 minutes ago, Sid4ever said:

And a Robinsons Unicorn for good measure as well

Indeed! Some historic Manchester pubs, local ale and a non league game on the terraces. 

There are worse ways to spend a Saturday! 

Re Manchester, i was working up there last week for the first time in around 5 years. 

It has gone really downhill in that time in my opinion. 

The centre has always been fragmented, with bars and restaurants randomly dotted around.

However, the northern quarter is now just shuttered buildings and graffiti.

the worst is the centre now, its filthy with refuse strewn across pavements and doorways.

loads of beggars too, all whacked out on spice, all hours of the day and gangs of youths and Eastern Europeans openly dealing drugs.

As a city, it's overrated and unpleasant. 

2 hours ago, theboyangel said:

Re Manchester, i was working up there last week for the first time in around 5 years. 

It has gone really downhill in that time in my opinion. 

The centre has always been fragmented, with bars and restaurants randomly dotted around.

However, the northern quarter is now just shuttered buildings and graffiti.

the worst is the centre now, its filthy with refuse strewn across pavements and doorways.

loads of beggars too, all whacked out on spice, all hours of the day and gangs of youths and Eastern Europeans openly dealing drugs.

As a city, it's overrated and unpleasant. 

I only see it during the day (very rarely there for a night out) and agree with you about the fragmented areas. However, the people I come across all seem really nice.

Re; The beggars, this is something I have noticed more in Brum the last 12/18 months. Seems to have been a huge increase in them around Five Ways and they seem to almost work on a rota. Some will sit in one place until a certain time and then get replaced by someone else and they will move on somewhere else. Happens exactly the same time every day. 

• Like 1

Quiet night tonight, bit of catch up TV (Blacklist and Lucky Man)

Tomorrow is non league footie over in Alferton. Pub lunch, beers and a good laugh. Chilled out evening after that, probably watch a film.

Sunday - no plans at present bar weekly food shop and popping to parents for a coffee. 

Chilling.  After the week I've had getting very little sleep I feel I deserve a few beers. My flat is in a state too so I suppose I'll be spending Sunday giving the place a clean.  

(I'll probably post in the "What Song Are You..." thread too).

Might take a local non league game in tomorrow. Will see who's at home in the area. Plus need to get a mothers day card.

That's about it for me, having a quiet one. 

After my session to end all sessions last week I decided that I should draw up a plan to ensure that this weekend goes to plan

That plan is as follows

Friday = ps3/ps4 + beer + music + tandoori madras, cheese naan, pilau rice and lam tikka starta

Saturday = piano, book, coffee, boxing (watching, not participating)

Sunday = piano, finish book, live like a cabbage

So far everything is going to plan, plus I got my meal for just £7 because they took 1 hour and 45 minutes to deliver

I **** love weekends like this man, just leave me the hell alone to do what I want

• Like 2

Quiet one for me this weekend. I'm not getting pissed for a bit now as it's getting close to the birth date so tonight me and my son are watching a film in his bed and having a pizza, whilst my wife is doing the same with my daughter in our bed. Tomorrow I'm sorting the garden aslong as the weather holds out, if not I shall do it Sunday. So yeah a nice chilled one watching films,listening to music and getting fat.

Edited by Rugeley Villa

Drinks at home tonight .

Brewdog pub tomorrow for pre-gig drinks and grub, followed by Ghost at the Academy with Mrs rjw.

Visit parentals on Sunday.

Steve and Seagulls tonight at the academy.

Tomorrow @lapal_fan is taking me to the big smoke to drink some gin (I don't like gin)

Sunday, bouldering and then drinks with my mate who's been in New Zealand for a year.

I'm like a big boozey popular boy this weekend.

Edited by Paddywhack

42 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

Drinks at home tonight .

Brewdog pub tomorrow for pre-gig drinks and grub, followed by Ghost at the Academy with Mrs rjw.

Visit parentals on Sunday.

Don't get too pissed and start posting ghey music on the listening to songs thread ;)

Chilling out tonight, watch / listen to the football tomorrow and then I'm off to Brum as I've got Monday off.  The old man is making a curry and I fancy a browse at Merry Hill on Sunday (yes, I know, forgive me).  

Edited by trekka

7 minutes ago, trekka said:

Chilling out tonight, watch / listen to the football and then I'm off to Brum as I've got Monday off.  The old man is making a curry and I fancy a browse at Merry Hill on Sunday (yes, I know, forgive me).  

Derby v QPR? 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, trekka said:

Ah you spotted my mistake! :) It should have read watch / listen to the football tomorrow...(before heading to Brum)...

I was going to say, because even I'm giving that one a miss tonight as it will be dog shit.

Quiet night tonight... gave a work night out a swerve as last time I ended up out until 5am and my weekend was destroyed. 

Few jobs tomorrow including getting my hair cut and then maybe see what local non league games are on.

Sunday... usual shopping and seeing folks then need to log on and do a few hours work. 

I'm taking a gobshite to London tomorrow to drink gin.  He's a complete pussy and doesn't drink anything but fackin' fosters.

I don't know why I asked him. I even found out he likes Beautiful South today.

What a waste.

I could cry I'm so disgusted.

• Like 1

Â