The VT "It's the weekend!" thread

Xela

Beer and a (highly recommended) Jam tribute band tonight.

Then, if the weather stays this way I shall mostly be spending the BH weekend in the garden listening to tunes and drinking more beer and wine. Lovely.

6 hours ago, Shropshire Lad said:

On a stag do tonight, heading into the jewellery quarter, few pubs, then over to Edgbaston for the T20 (keeping an eye on the sure to be calm musings of the VT match thread - I’ll be drunk so that will numb the senses).

Then over to Broad Street, find the most agreeable bar for a drink then karaoke, I may venture up and select a song for my own rendition.

More drinks elsewhere - to be determined, then hotel.

Nice day for it!

Come on you Pears!

Tap & Spile for the karaoke? 

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Xela said:

Nice day for it!

Come on you Pears!

Tap & Spile for the karaoke? 

I shall take it under consideration...

Hypothetically, if the groom was wearing a pink grass skirt, tiara, “L” plates etc, would that be frowned upon in the tap & spile?

Like I say hypothetically....

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Shropshire Lad said:

Hypothetically, if the groom was wearing a pink grass skirt, tiara, “L” plates etc, would that be frowned upon in the tap & spile?

Like I say hypothetically....

The Tap & Spile has no limits/standards*

I imagine he would be welcomed in on the proviso he belted out "Its Raining Men" or "I Will Survive"

*delete as applicable 

• Haha 1

Back in brum for a couple of days with the wife and kids so have done Lego Discovery Centre and Drayton Manor over last two days

now heading to boldmere for a meal and a few bevvies with the missus and a couple of old mates. 

Tomorrow will be a family day with a bbq at my folks house. 

Simple times are sometimes the best 

9 hours ago, Davkaus said:

Don't look this up on urban dictionary, kids...

Holy shit. You know you’re old when you know gaffing as coaching! I looked it up! Wish I was gaffing like that!!!

On 23/08/2019 at 16:46, Seat68 said:

In that Wales, Crickhowell specifically. In the motorised home. 

Spent a couple of hours looking at motorhomes for sale on the internet last night... old Talbot Express ones!

The big issue for me would be the toilet.. how are the cassette toilets? Easy to empty? 

On 23/08/2019 at 18:18, Shropshire Lad said:

I see you online so you must have survived a night on Broad St. No mean feat nowadays with the pond life that fills Birmingham.

Where did you end up?

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Xela said:

I see you online so you must have survived a night on Broad St. No mean feat nowadays with the pond life that fills Birmingham.

Where did you end up?

Did a couple of the standard go to pubs - old joint stock, rose villa. 

After the cricket, we had to go straight to the karaoke - had a ****ing nightmare with the taxis, I won’t say the company, but Christ alive were they shit. So due to their ineptitude we didn’t get the chance to try out the tap & spile.

After a few drinks and my heart wrenching performance of Natalie Imbruglia’s “Torn” we headed over to the actress & bishop. Out of convenience more than anything but was pretty decent. Tucked up in bed by 3am (ish).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Xela said:

Spent a couple of hours looking at motorhomes for sale on the internet last night... old Talbot Express ones!

The big issue for me would be the toilet.. how are the cassette toilets? Easy to empty? 

It is. They are accessed externally and pretty much sealed. No solid rule in our van though. 

• Like 1

I'm early with this as I've just started a 4 day weekend :).  I plan to spend tomorrow morning cleaning up the flat, for I have friends visiting.  Tomorrow evening we're heading for something nice to eat (probably tapas) followed by beers.  On Saturday we're probably going to go park up the coast and take a walk to see Hurst Castle (at the end of a spit and everso close to the Isle of Wight).  This will probably be followed by another lovely meal somewhere and some fine beers :)

Hurst_Picbestclose.jpg

hurst-castle-map.gif

• Like 2

On 24/08/2019 at 20:43, Xela said:

The worst thing about cassette toilets is that when they get blocked and you have to sort it with a pencil.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Â