The VT "It's the weekend!" thread

Xela

5 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Got the brother in law staying over tonight and one of my good friends is coming round for a few birthday drinks. If any nude photos appear on rogues gallery I do apologise @limpid 

If only your phone had an "off" button :) 

• Like 1

Not a lot for me, just woken up after an impromptu nap.Sat on my bed for a few minutes... wake up a couple of hours later. Feel a bit groggy now so will freshen up and head out for a bit. Got a couple of errands to run. Probably watch a film later.

Ultra boring weekend for me. Stupidly left loads of coursework until the last minute. So three days (I have Monday off just this :unsure:) of being bored out my mind writing crap about insurance business and finance... why did I sign up for this :blink:

• 2 weeks later...

Happy Bank Holiday Weekend you bunch of degenerates and reprobates.

Having a quiet one tonight, few jobs to do out and about tomorrow followed by a BBQ (unless its washed out). Sunday hoping to be on a bender (insert Kenneth Williams picture) and then relaxing on Monday, with maybe a couple of hours work as need to catch up on some admin, which was missed today due to being in a pub beer garden by work.

I'll be chilling out tomorrow and then into work on Sunday.  I did originally have plans to pop up to Brum for the weekend to catch up with mates and see the family but work commitments have kinda scuppered that.  On the plus side, I'll be on overtime. 

• 4 weeks later...

I thought that this might need a bump :)

So I've spent the past week up in the Yorkshire Dales.  I spent it with family pitched up in Gordale Scar with lots of walks around Malham. I know the place really well and it was nice to visit again. A lovely, chilled out time and now I've come back to earth with a bump after endless traffic queues getting back down to Portsmouth.  The rest of the weekend is going to be spent slowly getting ready for work with lots of Glastonbury feeds on the go.  

I was at the Goodwood Festival of Speed yesterday.  It was pretty special.  Cars everywhere that you could jump in and have a play (including all of the new supercars, vintage, and all of the new cars of major brands).  I saw the Red Arrows, walked around the Sky Sports Pit Lane (where virtually all of the F1 teams set up their cars and showed off their kit), saw amazing drifting displays and watched the "hill climb" which turned into a speed lap.  Best of all was looking at the concept cars - the Renault "Zoe" eSport was a beautiful thing to behold: think of a blue Aygo but styled as a Japanese manga cartoon with insane power.  A really good day out for what was £35 a ticket (and up the road from me :)). 

As for this weekend - I need to rest my legs!

Edited by trekka
  • Like 2

I went to that a few years back. Was very good and weather was fantastic. Think we stayed in the Portsmouth Hilton? Or some hotel by the sea-front, can't remember now!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Xela said:

I went to that a few years back. Was very good and weather was fantastic. Think we stayed in the Portsmouth Hilton? Or some hotel by the sea-front, can't remember now!

You'd be lucky to find a Hilton in Portsmouth ;) It was probably the Holiday Inn in Southsea.  Saying that, Portsmouth is changing dramatically at the moment (I've lived here for the past 7 years and all of a sudden there's a change afoot!). Did you visit Chichester? If not, you should have :)

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, trekka said:

You'd be lucky to find a Hilton in Portsmouth ;) It was probably the Holiday Inn in Southsea.  Saying that, Portsmouth is changing dramatically at the moment (I've lived here for the past 7 years and all of a sudden there's a change afoot!). Did you visit Chichester? If not, you should have :)

Ha, I think that's the one! Jut googled it and it looks familiar. 

We didn't. I've always like the south coast when I go but just don't go enough. I did apply for a job based in Southampton once but never got it. 

• Like 1

Parkrun/walk/mince at 9am tomorrow. Tw@tting around the house tidying up, ironing etc after i get back. Popping to next door for a slap up indian banquet with a few beers.

Sunday....12 hr day shift :(

Spent the morning and afternoon today in Henley in Arden and a wootton wawen canal walk finished with a pub lunch with the hopefully soon to be next other half. 

Going to Bristol with my brother tomorrow, neither of us have been so looking forward to having a good look around and a pint by the docks hopefully.

Sunday carvery out in the countryside with a mate the day after in Temple Grafton.

Looking forward to it all. 

• Like 1

Going clay pigeon shooting today as part of a stag do. What with my eyesight and the bening nervous tremour I have in my hands, I wouldn't trust a shotgun in my hands. Then its standard curry/beer combination in Stafford.

Â