The VT "It's the weekend!" thread

Xela

Been a while since we had a weekend thread... so I thought I would start one! :)

So, what's everyone got planned?

I'm relaxing tonight, might be in Manchester tomorrow and chilling on Sunday. Want to watch Stranger Things on Netflix as well. Not exactly a rock n roll weekend but it'll do for me as I feel shattered.

3f630cbe584311465f25f643b1acd004.jpg

• Like 1

it's a big birthday tomorrow (not mine), I'll be cooking for 14 people

if it all goes wrong, I've got Domino Pizza on speed dial

as prep, I'm currently drinking a few Pear Koppaberg, much much too sweet for me, but I've bought it now....

It's now four minutes in to the day of my birthday. Mom baked me a cake this afternoon. I had a cheap but fun and enjoyable meal out with my wife, kids and their partners tonight. Parents visiting for lunch tomorrow then drinks and a Thai meal out with friends on my birthday night. A full English for Sunday brunch and some more time with my wife and kids. Hardly a week in Vegas but I'm going to enjoy every minute of it. :D

2 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

... I'm currently drinking a few Pear Koppaberg, much much too sweet for me, but I've bought it now....

Found it works as a convenient substitute for fresh fruit juice on camping trips.

Starting with breakfast. Sets you up nicely.

1 hour ago, Seat68 said:

Drank wine and cocktails last night. Today going to see my utterly fantastic grandson and tonight got a birthday party. They are having a hog roast apparently.

Nice one. I had a friend growing up, he was Greek. He 'd have Greek New Year's at his house, with a whole lamb on the spit, everyone locking arms ina circle and dancing to old Greek tunes. Good times.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

3041798.jpg

Have to go to a barbecue this afternoon. Don't fancy it at all - still hungover from yesterday's all-day session. 

This takes me back.  I'm getting all of the obligatory house stuff done before I disappear up north for a week.  It is my birthday on Monday so I'm driving up from Portsmouth tomorrow to see the folks and then onwards to my brother's place in Burton.  I've probably posted this before, but we share the same birthday.  I was born on his 9th birthday and if I don't turn up to have a few beers then I may get lynched.  

(the fool got married on our birthday too). 

• Like 1

Trip to Manchester put back a week, which is for the best as I feel knackered. Lazy day instead day and managed to wangle a dinner invite from my parents. 

16 hours ago, brommy said:

It's now four minutes in to the day of my birthday. Mom baked me a cake this afternoon. I had a cheap but fun and enjoyable meal out with my wife, kids and their partners tonight. Parents visiting for lunch tomorrow then drinks and a Thai meal out with friends on my birthday night. A full English for Sunday brunch and some more time with my wife and kids. Hardly a week in Vegas but I'm going to enjoy every minute of it. :D

Happy birthday old bean!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Xela said:

Happy birthday old bean!

Cheers! Love it when it falls on a Friday or a Saturday - gives me an excuse to make a weekend out of it!

Time for a SSS, then off out-out.

• Like 1

Â