Middlesbrough Match Thread

Getting very excited about this game already! I think if we can win, although I know preseason is always taken with a pinch of salt, the players confidence must be lifted knowing we can beat a team that came 2nd last year and have strengthened since then. 

@DrUnKeNbUm nice one mate, I hope she enjoys herself! I still remember going when I was a little kid, I was generally just as excited about the football as the blackjacks and fruitsalad sweets we used to eat! 

Edited by alreadyexists

22 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Getting very excited about this game already! I think if we can win, although I know preseason is always taken with a pinch of salt, the players confidence must be lifted knowing we can beat a team that came 2nd last year and have strengthened since then. 

@DrUnKeNbUm nice one mate, I hope she enjoys herself! I still remember going when I was a little kid, I was generally just as excited about the football as the blackjacks and fruitsalad sweets we used to eat! 

Cheers mate, she is bouncing around the house waiting for us to leave. 

You never forget your first game. I can still remember mine clear as day.

Hope she feels the same.

My 3 year old son is in a stinking mood because he isn't coming but I think he is too young for it at the minute

• Like 1

I'm just going to assume Tshibola is still getting up to 100% fitness after his injury plagued season last term and that the starting eleven are our best in training currently.

depending on signings it looks like we might go into the opening game with:

Gollini; Hutton, Elphick, Baker, Amavi; Bacuna, Westwood, Gardner, Grealish; Ayew, Gestede

obviously we need to add more but it's not a bad championship side at all.

1 minute ago, a m ole said:

depending on signings it looks like we might go into the opening game with:

Gollini; Hutton, Elphick, Baker, Amavi; Bacuna, Westwood, Gardner, Grealish; Ayew, Gestede

obviously we need to add more but it's not a bad championship side at all.

I actually think its pretty strong on paper tbh for a championship side.  minus bacuna, 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sne said:

That midfield is diabolical

Yep very poor. I'm surprised Green isn't involved. The midfield has no natural width at all, which spells trouble because Cissokho and Hutton will be expected to provide that width and put crosses into the box, and neither can actually cross the ball.

• Like 1

I get that everyone is down on Bacuna but maybe he's been impressing in training. Just trust that RDM knows a shit ton more than we do about this current crop of players.

10 minutes ago, Daweii said:

I get that everyone is down on Bacuna but maybe he's been impressing in training. Just trust that RDM knows a shit ton more than we do about this current crop of players.

Agreed, he must be doing something right and even after last seasons antics if he can perform to his top level he does have something to offer. 

10 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Please let's not start the season with Bacuna as our attacking winger. FFS. 

Lets see what he is like under the new manage first. If RDM likes him so be it.

Just now, Nigel said:

Lets see what he is like under the new manage first. f RDM likes him so be it.

I think it's a mistake. It allows negativity back in. First bad spell he has the fans will turn. 

Â