Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Got one for free when my wife changed her phone contract, so gave it to Santa to give my 5 year old - been playing Mario kart, smash bros melee and Minecraft. 

I'm surprised at how he got into the controls of Minecraft, it's fps controls, so doing two actions independent to move and look around, I thought would take him ages.. maybe not.  Boring game though, the only good thing on it is making train tracks for the mine carts.

Mario Kart is alright.. It's a bit boring though and the game basically plays itself, so there's little risk really.  Plus racing the 5 year old and winning isn't worth the pain and upset that goes with him being a bad loser.  The battle games we can play on the same team are ok though.. bit boring after a while.

Smash bros is mental, it's fun and there's loads of characters.  I found a few new game modes the other night like classic and spirits.. The spirits one is really frustratingly hard in some places.. Metal Sonic and pink ray-man type **** I'm looking at you.. Very fun launching people though, but my kid prefers Mario Kart..

It's his bday on 25th Jan, so I'd take any recommendations from you vets if possible.  As @Michelsen says, we play when my 1 year old goes to bed for 45 mins before his bedtime, so anything quick and easy would be good. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 08/01/2021 at 13:13, lapal_fan said:

 

Mario Kart is alright.. It's a bit boring though and the game basically plays itself, so there's little risk really. 

You've probably got the auto steering on. It's on by default (for some stupid reason)

If there's a little antenna sticking out the back of the kart then it's on.

Press pause during a race and there will be symbols in the top right telling you what assists are on (motion controls, auto steering and auto accelerate)

 

The game is fairly easy anyway, but with auto steering on you may as well not bother

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm thinking about buying a new game (having Mario Odyssey, Splatoon, MArio Kart, BotW and Links Awakening).

Any recommendations? I'm currently looking at luigi's mansion and Hyrule Warrior (as a massive zelda fan). Smash Brothers is something I have played on the Wii, But I found it a bit too much button smashing.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 13/01/2021 at 13:44, AXD said:

I'm thinking about buying a new game (having Mario Odyssey, Splatoon, MArio Kart, BotW and Links Awakening).

Any recommendations? I'm currently looking at luigi's mansion and Hyrule Warrior (as a massive zelda fan). Smash Brothers is something I have played on the Wii, But I found it a bit too much button smashing.

Once you get used to the controls Luigi's mansion is really good 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 13/01/2021 at 14:44, AXD said:

I'm thinking about buying a new game (having Mario Odyssey, Splatoon, MArio Kart, BotW and Links Awakening).

Any recommendations? I'm currently looking at luigi's mansion and Hyrule Warrior (as a massive zelda fan). Smash Brothers is something I have played on the Wii, But I found it a bit too much button smashing.

Mario Rabbids Kingdom Battle is a brilliant game. It looks off putting because of the rabbids, but I was pleasantly surprised. Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze is great too. How are you with indie games? The top two games on the Switch for me are BOTW and Hollow Knight. Hollow Knight is pretty challenging, but if you like metroidvanias then it's one of the best.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rolta said:

Mario Rabbids Kingdom Battle is a brilliant game. It looks off putting because of the rabbids, but I was pleasantly surprised. Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze is great too. How are you with indie games? The top two games on the Switch for me are BOTW and Hollow Knight. Hollow Knight is pretty challenging, but if you like metroidvanias then it's one of the best.

I’ve heard about Hollow Knight, but have never came across it in stores. I’ll check if there’s a demo.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Tales of Vesperia: Definitive Edition is 75% off right now on the eShop, if you're into RPG's. One of the best from the PS3/360 era.

A couple of other good ones on sale right now:

Rayman Legends: Definitive Edition (if you've understandably missed it on the Wii U)

The two Ori games (similar platformers to Rayman)

Ni No Kuni (similar to the Tales game mentioned)

Celeste (platformer with a very nice difficulty)

Yooka Laylee and the Impossible Lair (Donkey Kong Country spiritual successor)

Yooka Laylee (Banjo Kazooie spiritual successor, made by some of the same devs)

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 16/01/2021 at 22:52, Keyblade said:

Tales of Vesperia: Definitive Edition is 75% off right now on the eShop, if you're into RPG's. One of the best from the PS3/360 era.

A couple of other good ones on sale right now:

Rayman Legends: Definitive Edition (if you've understandably missed it on the Wii U)

The two Ori games (similar platformers to Rayman)

Ni No Kuni (similar to the Tales game mentioned)

Celeste (platformer with a very nice difficulty)

Yooka Laylee and the Impossible Lair (Donkey Kong Country spiritual successor)

Yooka Laylee (Banjo Kazooie spiritual successor, made by some of the same devs)

The 2nd yooka is dreadful why they completely changed it from the 1st ill never know 

Link to post
Share on other sites
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of use Terms of Use, Cookies We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Â