Nintendo Switch

Chindie

4 hours ago, Dick said:

I think I paid 7 quid for 3 months.

4 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

I paid £12 I think it was for the year. Have to say it's worth it for me as I may regularly with people online.

That’s not bad at all really.

12 hours ago, Dick said:

I know most people love it (and my opinion is unpopular) I just found it frustrating. The courses are cool, but when I am sat playing with friends and predicting what weapons will come up, where they will hit etc... it just ruins it.

Crash Team Racing has me quite excited. Loved that on PS1, played for hours to perfect drift racing.

That's what makes mario kart great-the controversy it causes. Me and my friends have had hours of fun on it.

23 hours ago, Keyblade said:

The new Mario Party looks great, but only being able to play with the joycons sucks. Means the game will cost a minimum of 300 bucks just to have a decent experience with family/friends. 

Yeah this is how nintendo male money off you.However remember you get two so you only need another set whix h I know is pricey...

3 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Yeah this is how nintendo male money off you.However remember you get two so you only need another set whix h I know is pricey...

Wait, I thought you only get 1 joycon with the system? If it's 2 then that's not so bad even though the price of 1 joycon is ridiculous.

1 hour ago, Keyblade said:

Wait, I thought you only get 1 joycon with the system? If it's 2 then that's not so bad even though the price of 1 joycon is ridiculous.

You get one with it but when you buy one you get two. So for example you can get two yellows or a red and a blue.

• 1 month later...

It was a decent showing. 

The Links Awakening remake was a welcome surprise. That's genuinely one of the best Zelda games ever made, and should be played by anyone that likes the series. A shame the art style is a bit shite.

I was hoping there would be a Metroid Prime trilogy announcement, but it wasn't to be. I'm convinced that will happen though. I also think they will release a Mario Galaxy port at some point.

Otherwise there was decent stuff on the Direct. The new Platinum game looks interesting, Mario Maker 2 will excite a lot of people, Yoshi's Crafted World still looks good, Daemon x Machina still looks intriguing, Tetris 99 is a ridiculous idea but also maybe the best idea ever, port of FFIX is always appreciated...

Looks like a solid year ahead for the Switch.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chindie said:

It was a decent showing. 

The Links Awakening remake was a welcome surprise. That's genuinely one of the best Zelda games ever made, and should be played by anyone that likes the series. A shame the art style is a bit shite.

I was hoping there would be a Metroid Prime trilogy announcement, but it wasn't to be. I'm convinced that will happen though. I also think they will release a Mario Galaxy port at some point.

Otherwise there was decent stuff on the Direct. The new Platinum game looks interesting, Mario Maker 2 will excite a lot of people, Yoshi's Crafted World still looks good, Daemon x Machina still looks intriguing, Tetris 99 is a ridiculous idea but also maybe the best idea ever, port of FFIX is always appreciated...

Looks like a solid year ahead for the Switch.

Yoshi looks really great. There is a demo out for it now. Zelda looks too notch and also they announced assassins creed to be coming out. 

Mario maker 2 looks great and the one that really excites me is marvel alliance. It looks terrific. 

What makes you think Mario galaxy wilm be ported over? I think 3d world is mor r elikely

Edited by Demitri_C

6 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Yoshi looks really great. There is a demo out for it now. Zelda looks too notch and also they announced assassins creed to be coming out. 

Mario maker 2 looks great and the one that really excites me is marvel alliance. It looks terrific. 

What makes you think Mario galaxy wilm be ported over? I think 3d world is mor r elikely

Assassin's Creed 3 is unfortunately one of the worst of the series and it looked rough on the Direct.

Marvel Ultimate Alliance looked fun.

Mario Galaxy was ported to the NVIDIA Shield in China, which isn't far removed from the Switch hardware wise. It would be a fairly easy job to port. I could also see 3D World coming to Switch as well.

4 minutes ago, Chindie said:

Assassin's Creed 3 is unfortunately one of the worst of the series and it looked rough on the Direct.

Marvel Ultimate Alliance looked fun.

Mario Galaxy was ported to the NVIDIA Shield in China, which isn't far removed from the Switch hardware wise. It would be a fairly easy job to port. I could also see 3D World coming to Switch as well.

Me and my friends were discussing that funny enough about the graphics looking quite poor on the switch. I haven't played number three so that's a shame. 

Ah really so that's a good shout then. I would love them to do a HD version of Mario 64.

With Mario maker I am not sure how they are going to get this to work. The hardware is so different to the wii u where it worked really well. 

One things for sure my pockets are going to feel very light come the summer

After reading through this thread, doing extensive research online/YT I'm gonna be picking one of these up this week!

Just not sure where to buy. Ideally, I want to pick one up with Pokemon but can't find any deals anywhere.

On 17/02/2019 at 20:58, Warnock said:

After reading through this thread, doing extensive research online/YT I'm gonna be picking one of these up this week!

Just not sure where to buy. Ideally, I want to pick one up with Pokemon but can't find any deals anywhere.

You probably won't find any. Nintendo are very much a "Buy one Get one" company. Very unusual for discounts on any of their consoles until they are right at the very end of their lifespan and even then is is usually just retaillers dumping stock rather than anything nintendo led.

If you specifially wanted the pokemon bundle/console it might be worth trying smytys toys if you have one nearby as they were doing them for £320 for a while. Shows as out of stock onlike but might be a few left on a shelf somewhere

Edited by LakotaDakota

On 17/02/2019 at 20:58, Warnock said:

As @LakotaDakota says sadly that’s how they operate. But definitely pick one up 2019 is going to be huge for switch. The pokemon game is bloody brilliant,  still playing it as we speak.

Rumours of a MS/Nintendo collaboration that could include Xbox live and game pass coming to switch. No idea how it will work But could be interesting.

On 22/02/2019 at 22:56, Warnock said:

Got one. Bloody love it. 

What game syou got? 

3 minutes ago, jim said:

Rumours of a MS/Nintendo collaboration that could include Xbox live and game pass coming to switch. No idea how it will work But could be interesting.

Yeah I think this needs to happen soon. The one chat isn't great it definitely need improving 

Love this console. A shame there aren't more big NIntendo titles for it though.

I've got Mario Kart, Zelda and Mario Odyssey and kind of feel like I've got all the big games I'm interested in. Pokemon is the only other one but I've never been a big fan of pokemon games. I find turn based combat really really boring. It even turned me off FF7.
And I've never been a Smash Bros fan either.

Are there any other big games I'm missing?

Â