Nintendo Switch

Chindie

3 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Let me know if you wanna have a go online as trust me you need help

Not really.

As someone who has put over 1000 hours on the ps4 version, It's quite possible to burn through the levels playing solo tbh.

It's infinitely more fun in a decent group though. Doing level 100+ Greater Rifts on Torment 13 is a blast. Particularly with a Corpse Explode build on a Necro 😀 such a great class.

7 hours ago, Designer1 said:

Not really.

As someone who has put over 1000 hours on the ps4 version, It's quite possible to burn through the levels playing solo tbh.

It's infinitely more fun in a decent group though. Doing level 100+ Greater Rifts on Torment 13 is a blast. Particularly with a Corpse Explode build on a Necro 😀 such a great class.

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong them as I'm on act 2 and some of the enemies take ages to kill. When i play with friends we go through it quicker

The one thing i don't like about diablo is the map. It's small and poor at times and you don't know where to go.

3 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong them as I'm on act 2 and some of the enemies take ages to kill. When i play with friends we go through it quicker

The one thing i don't like about diablo is the map. It's small and poor at times and you don't know where to go.

Are you changing the difficulty level to suit your play Dem? The game is designed to make sure that you're never dying all the time (hence so many increments of difficulty) so experiment and see what's comfortable. Then as you get better gear and move towards Legendary sets just knock the level up.

As for the map, the game encourages exploration which is why it uses the fog of war and doesn't have an A to B marker.

Which class do you play by the way? There's tonnes of theorycraft sites out there to get build info for helping maximise damage.

1 hour ago, Designer1 said:

Are you changing the difficulty level to suit your play Dem? The game is designed to make sure that you're never dying all the time (hence so many increments of difficulty) so experiment and see what's comfortable. Then as you get better gear and move towards Legendary sets just knock the level up.

As for the map, the game encourages exploration which is why it uses the fog of war and doesn't have an A to B marker.

Which class do you play by the way? There's tonnes of theorycraft sites out there to get build info for helping maximise damage.

I’m not sure to be honest. This is the first Diablo game I’ve played. I just started the game. Im level 25 I think but to kill a normal zombie takes me about 6-10 slices or attacks before theey die. I’m putting the strongest gear on that I hav3 on as well. Is that normal?

yeah I figured it’s designed for exploration but sometimes it gets frustrating as the stages are so big.

the other thing I don’t like is, I chose barbarian to start with but 8 can’t choose another warrior when I re start. Be good if you could, as I liked the neocramaruan more.

On 11/09/2018 at 15:50, Stevo985 said:

Well it would involve unplugging wires and moving TVs forward and reconnecting etc

Which is obviously possible but not worth it when I can just use the screen on the switch.

I suppose I could just buy the wires and then just move the dock, but even then an AC adapter looks like it's 25-30 quid...

Just looking back through this - did you ever get a second docking set? I'm looking for one for pretty much the same reasons as you but struggling to find one at a reasonable price. They're listed as being £49.99 at Smyths but they don't have any in stock.

6 minutes ago, Troglodyte said:

Just looking back through this - did you ever get a second docking set? I'm looking for one for pretty much the same reasons as you but struggling to find one at a reasonable price. They're listed as being £49.99 at Smyths but they don't have any in stock.

Nope. Saw the prices and decided against it. Just use it as a handheld if I want to use it in the other room.

£50 seems ludicrous to me when it's just a bit of plastic and a plug/connector. Maybe that's just me being very un-technical! 
Still it's a bargain compared to the £120 that it used to be.

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Hornso said:

Ended up buying a Switch with Pokemon Eevee and Super Smash Bros. Having only played it in handheld mode at the moment, but really enjoying it. Thanks for the advice VT!

What's been your opinion mate? I've got the Pokemon game still haven't started yet but that's next when I finish Diablo.

Send me your friend code mate you can join me and fowlers for some online game play. We play quite regularly online.

15 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

What's been your opinion mate? I've got the Pokemon game still haven't started yet but that's next when I finish Diablo.

Send me your friend code mate you can join me and fowlers for some online game play. We play quite regularly online.

Haha, when I figure out how to do that I will!

I've only put about 7 hours into Pokemon. Enjoying the nostalgia of playing a Pokemon game for the first time in almost a decade (the last I played apart from Go for a month was Yellow) plus happy with most of the changes/updates they've made. I enjoy the catching of wild Pokemon instead of slaughtering them in order to level up the Pokemon you are carrying, but thought they could do something involving flicking the joystick instead of just pressing a button to throw a pokeball (this might be different with the Pokeball controller? I couldn't justify spending the extra cash for it just to get a Mew). 

It's probably a bit on the easy side. I've just got off the SS Anne Cruise Ship and I haven't wiped out once yet. Most trainers seem to carry 1-2 Pokemon which makes them easy to defeat but at least they seem to use Potions and other items more regularly.  

I think I remember you saying SSB was great, but I haven't started it yet. Looking forward to getting through Pokemon first and then adding some more traditional Nintendo titles afterwards like Zelda, Odyssey & Kart.

I can't believe how expensive these are still. Been wanting to pick one up for Zelda, Mario Kart and Mario Odyssey but can't justify spending £350/£400+ for it all. 

Edited by PieFacE

Â