Nintendo Switch

Chindie

• 3 weeks later...

I got a switch and I am loving it. I only have mario kart currently, but it's a fun game that my wife and I play after work. It's a neat little console. I think once I get some more games, It'll be even better. 

I really like all the co-op games. My wife and I have wanted to play some fun relaxing, but still competitive games for a while, and the switch seems to have a lot of those. 

• Like 1

We got a Switch on Black Friday and the girlfriend and I have been having a blast on Mario Kart too.

Apart from that I only have Zelda: BotW which I already played after borrowing my mate’s Wii U when it first came out, but it’s still great fun to play.

As for Warframe, I take it it’s the same one that’s been on PS4 for a while, right? Haven’t played it much but it was fun. Not the easiest of games to get into though, I found. It wasn’t very clear what I had to do. I had to watch a number of the YouTube videos they had just to figure out how to get going.

16 hours ago, Czechlad said:

I got a switch and I am loving it. I only have mario kart currently, but it's a fun game that my wife and I play after work. It's a neat little console. I think once I get some more games, It'll be even better. 

I really like all the co-op games. My wife and I have wanted to play some fun relaxing, but still competitive games for a while, and the switch seems to have a lot of those. 

@Czechlad

Mate download warframe its a free game and its awesome.  Any one that has a switch needs to download this. @Fowlersrs told me about it and we been playing online most nights. Welcome  to join us just pm your friend code. I have mario kart also

1 hour ago, Ginko said:

We got a Switch on Black Friday and the girlfriend and I have been having a blast on Mario Kart too.

Apart from that I only have Zelda: BotW which I already played after borrowing my mate’s Wii U when it first came out, but it’s still great fun to play.

As for Warframe, I take it it’s the same one that’s been on PS4 for a while, right? Haven’t played it much but it was fun. Not the easiest of games to get into though, I found. It wasn’t very clear what I had to do. I had to watch a number of the YouTube videos they had just to figure out how to get going.

I have to admit ginko the mods are confusing. But tbe game itself is awesome. When your doing missions with four of your friends Its great fun. If you want to jump on with us give me your friend code.

We can even help you do your missions to get you to where we are. Did earth and am now on venus.

On 11/12/2018 at 14:33, Demitri_C said:

@Fowlersrs I think we are the only ones playing switch on here :D

Mine has been gathering dust for most of the year.  Nothing  has floated my boat this year although I’ll give war frame a go and I’ve dropped lots of hints to Santa about Smash Bros, so fingers crossed!

8 hours ago, jim said:

Mine has been gathering dust for most of the year.  Nothing  has floated my boat this year although I’ll give war frame a go and I’ve dropped lots of hints to Santa about Smash Bros, so fingers crossed!

Yeah i noticed on my friend lost it says you have disappeared ! You need to get back on it there are some great games out at the moment. 2019 will be even better I think 

New mario brothers game 

Luigis mansion 3

A new yoshi game

Marvel alliance 3 (switch only excl)

Mortal kombat 11 

Just to name a few.

There does seem to be a lack of games on the Switch which I guess has plagued Nintendo for a while.

I only have Mario Kart and Zelda (both of which are brilliant, Zelda especially). I've got Mario Odyssey coming for xmas or my birthday.

Beyond that I've had a look and there's not a whole lot out there that I'm immediately grabbed by.

Smash Bros is the most overrated game of all time. I don't like beat em ups anyway so stuff like MK doesn't grab me. Splatoon doesn't really seem like my thing. And that kind of seems to be it. There are some smaller titles on the eStore that seem really interesting, but in terms of proper releases there doesn't seem to be a lot out there.

I love what I have and what I have to come, and I probably benefit from being a very casual gamer so games keep me going for ages (Zelda has satisfied me for over a year so far!). But if I played as much as I used to I think I'd have run out of stuff to play on the Switch

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

There does seem to be a lack of games on the Switch which I guess has plagued Nintendo for a while.

I only have Mario Kart and Zelda (both of which are brilliant, Zelda especially). I've got Mario Odyssey coming for xmas or my birthday.

Beyond that I've had a look and there's not a whole lot out there that I'm immediately grabbed by.

Smash Bros is the most overrated game of all time. I don't like beat em ups anyway so stuff like MK doesn't grab me. Splatoon doesn't really seem like my thing. And that kind of seems to be it. There are some smaller titles on the eStore that seem really interesting, but in terms of proper releases there doesn't seem to be a lot out there.

I love what I have and what I have to come, and I probably benefit from being a very casual gamer so games keep me going for ages (Zelda has satisfied me for over a year so far!). But if I played as much as I used to I think I'd have run out of stuff to play on the Switch

Splatoon I didn't think would be for me but I loved it. The only negative is that you have to all own the game to play together which utterly lame.

There is a lot of decent games you just have to delve into. Diablo, warframe,(which is free download by the way) hyrule warriors, bayonetta  etc

Next year though will be big for the switch as there are a massive amount of titles coming out.

Is getting a Switch worthwhile? I've currently got a PS4 but am thinking of cashing it in because I don't play it all that much apart from FIFA. Was thinking a Switch might be better to get my wife interested as she's not a massive gamer and games like Mario Kart & Party would be easy quick fun to play. 

2 hours ago, Hornso said:

Is getting a Switch worthwhile? I've currently got a PS4 but am thinking of cashing it in because I don't play it all that much apart from FIFA. Was thinking a Switch might be better to get my wife interested as she's not a massive gamer and games like Mario Kart & Party would be easy quick fun to play. 

If you're interested in casual games like that then yeah it's definitely worth it.

I got Mario Odyssesy on Saturday and gave it an hour or two. Feels lovely so far.

• Like 1

Â