Nintendo Switch

Chindie

Yeah graphically it’s kind of ps3.5 so if you like bleeding edge graphics then maybe it will disappoint a little. But then you play a masterpiece of a game like BotW and at first it takes your breath away when your presented with this humongous world. Mario Odyssey similarly is graphically fantastic too. It’s the multi plats like Skyrim and FIFA which aren’t quite as good but still impressive enough. 

It all comes down to the games though. If you want CoD and Assassins Creed and whatnot I’d steer clear. Having said that, the switch has helped me fall back in love with the pure joy and fun of gaming which I’d lost while playing po-faced beige AAA games.

Edited by Ingram85
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

Get one @NurembergVillan

It's 10X better than the Wii U

Also I want to take my anger out on you on Mario Kart for correcting my typos all the time :mrgreen:

Fixed that for you ;)

I know I'll be wanting an Xbone or PS4 as soon as RDR2 comes out though.  Maybe I'll treat myself to both!

21 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Any switch users I would highly recommend this for Charging your Switch

Its brilliant 

Is that the specific one you'd recommend or do you just mean you'd generally recommend getting a portable charger? 

I need to get one, I'm going abroad in a few weeks and want to be able to play my switch on the plane and around the pool without worrying about the battery.

I'd like one with at least 2 USB ports ideally, just so I can charge phones, tablets etc at the same time.

18 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

Is that the specific one you'd recommend or do you just mean you'd generally recommend getting a portable charger? 

I need to get one, I'm going abroad in a few weeks and want to be able to play my switch on the plane and around the pool without worrying about the battery.

I'd like one with at least 2 USB ports ideally, just so I can charge phones, tablets etc at the same time.

The only downer is he has one usb port but its bloody quick at charging and lasts for a good 3hours. i had a two port one and it was crap as it took longer to charge.

Best solution: buy two !

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Paddywhack said:

I use this and it's great.  I've got a phone which uses the same USB-C port and it can charge both at the same time. 

• Thanks 1

On 23/02/2018 at 12:46, Paddywhack said:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Portable-Charger-RAVPower-20000mAh-Battery-Black/dp/B076KS92ZT

They also do a 3usb port 26800mAh version for about £35.

Takes a while to fully charge the power bank (about 10 hours) but that is about the only issue

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, LakotaDakota said:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Portable-Charger-RAVPower-20000mAh-Battery-Black/dp/B076KS92ZT

They also do a 3usb port 26800mAh version for about £35.

Takes a while to fully charge the power bank (about 10 hours) but that is about the only issue

Does that mean it lasts for 10 hours whatever your charging or the stardard three hours? If it’s the standard three hours surely better just buying two one slot usbs. Take about a hour or so to charge. 10 hours is ridiculous!!

24 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Does that mean it lasts for 10 hours whatever your charging or the stardard three hours? If it’s the standard three hours surely better just buying two one slot usbs. Take about a hour or so to charge. 10 hours is ridiculous!!

It takes about 10 hours to charge the power bank up from drained to full, but this will let you fully charge an iphone 7 five or six times, not sure what that converts to when using it with a switch.

Hardly a massive inconvenience, if you are going away just plug it in the night before you go and you'll have power for a week or two

• Like 1

Based solely on the spec of the battery pack @LakotaDakota linked, it is just over 6.2x the capacity of the stock battery in the Switch. Now while I know not all power is output evenly it should offer quite the boost. If the stock battery lasts about 4 hours in Zelda then the Switch could last about 24 hours with that battery pack. Ultimately the only reason it takes 10 hours to recharge that battery is because it's 6-8 batteries in one, so assuming it actually behaves like that in use when plugged into the Switch, then you're increasing the charge capacity considerably. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Daweii said:

Based solely on the spec of the battery pack @LakotaDakota linked, it is just over 6.2x the capacity of the stock battery in the Switch. Now while I know not all power is output evenly it should offer quite the boost. If the stock battery lasts about 4 hours in Zelda then the Switch could last about 24 hours with that battery pack. Ultimately the only reason it takes 10 hours to recharge that battery is because it's 6-8 batteries in one, so assuming it actually behaves like that in use when plugged into the Switch, then you're increasing the charge capacity considerably. 

That’s interesting if this gives you more than five hours switch time this could be very handy on a long haul flight

• Like 1

@Demitri_C

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B012V9H3WA?ref=emc_b_5_t

This is the 26,800mAh one that @LakotaDakota mentioned and the one I did the math on. The great thing is Eurogamer did a test on this battery bank for specific use with the Nintendo Switch. Now you don't quite get the boost I estimated which I was expecting to an extent, as I don't think power scales exponentially as the capacity goes up, but you still see a decent boost. 

The best high capacity portable charger: RAVPower 26,800

From this external battery alone you'll get 10 hours and 20 minutes on max brightness, again with volume at 50 per cent and WiFi enabled. Meanwhile, a medium brightness test puts the RAVPower at 12 hours total - again without even starting to leech off the Switch's own battery. Short of a trip to Australia, it's unlikely you'll ever need an external battery with this much juice. As long as you're happy to carry an extra 456 gram brick, this gives the Nintendo's handheld all the power it'll need on the move, and then some.

Source

So with that power bank which is £35 on Amazon you will get 10 hours and 20 minutes before the Switch has to start using its own battery at max brightness, but 12 hours at medium brightness before the Switch battery has to do anything.

In a game like Zelda which is infamous for being a battery leach only lasting about 3 - 4 hours, you would essentially get 15 - 16 hours of portable Zelda which is pretty much enough for almost any situation.

The one downside is that this battery bank takes 14 - 15 hours to charge from 0 - 100% so that would be the only thing to keep in mind. Shouldn't be an issue provided you charge in advance of the trip or journey.  

• Thanks 1

looks like the £22 20000mAh one i have would give you 8-10 hours then. The charge time is long but as i said earlier if i am away for a few days i just plug it in the night before and it's ready to go when i am, easily enough juice to keep 2 mobiles & a tablet charged for a week and if you do manage to drain it you can just plug it in again (presuming you are not in a field/up a mountain)

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Daweii said:

@Demitri_C

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B012V9H3WA?ref=emc_b_5_t

This is the 26,800mAh one that @LakotaDakota mentioned and the one I did the math on. The great thing is Eurogamer did a test on this battery bank for specific use with the Nintendo Switch. Now you don't quite get the boost I estimated which I was expecting to an extent, as I don't think power scales exponentially as the capacity goes up, but you still see a decent boost. 

So with that power bank which is £35 on Amazon you will get 10 hours and 20 minutes before the Switch has to start using its own battery at max brightness, but 12 hours at medium brightness before the Switch battery has to do anything.

In a game like Zelda which is infamous for being a battery leach only lasting about 3 - 4 hours, you would essentially get 15 - 16 hours of portable Zelda which is pretty much enough for almost any situation.

The one downside is that this battery bank takes 14 - 15 hours to charge from 0 - 100% so that would be the only thing to keep in mind. Shouldn't be an issue provided you charge in advance of the trip or journey.  

That's me settled then getting one of these bad boys and returning the other =)

Â