Nintendo Switch

Chindie

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I'm probably going to get it, complete Zelda, and sell it again.

Expensive way to play one game but it's going to happen

I'll give you £250 for it with Zelda :D

2 hours ago, Ingram85 said:

I'll give you £250 for it with Zelda :D

You wouldn't be making that offer if you knew how long it took me to complete games :D 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, LakotaDakota said:

If this game was released on PS4/Xbox one and looked and performed as it does it would be absolutely slated.

Have to say it doesn't bode well for the future of the console when it can't properly run it's own flagship title on day one

Exactly. 

I know that Nintendo don't try to compete hardware wise anymore, but they do seem to get a pass where others wouldn't.

• Like 1

Anyone tried licking the game cart yet? They have all been specially coated in Denatonium Benzoate which is really, really bitter to try and prevent kids eating/swallowing them. (It is harmless/non-toxic but it is the stuff used in animal repellent, soap, shampoo etc so doesn't taste good) Not sure why they haven't done this for years on ds games etc as the amount of those you see with teeth marks in them if you buy used games is quite scary.

Go on, You know you want to give it a try now you know about it ;)

Edited by LakotaDakota

Well I'm getting joycon connection issues sitting just 6ft away and this is their response.

http://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/22513/p/897

Looks like it will be going back unless a fix is forthcoming as Zelda was unplayable using the grip. Shame as other wise it's a great bit of kit.

Hmmm seems the joycon has real issues.

Looking at the description of places that they say to not put it...

Ensure that the Nintendo Switch console is placed to minimize interference with the Joy-Con. It is best if the Nintendo Switch console is placed out in the open and that it is not:
Behind a TV
Near an aquarium
Placed in or under a metal object
Pressed against a large amount of wires and cords
Within three to four feet of another wireless device, such as a wireless speaker or a wireless access point.
Check for possible sources of interference and turn them off. Interference can be caused by devices, such as:
Laptops, tablets, etc.
Wireless headsets
Wireless printers
Microwaves
Wireless speakers
Cordless phones
USB 3.0-compatible devices such as hard drives, thumb drives, LAN adapters, etc.

This thing just wouldn't work in my living room environment.

21 hours ago, LakotaDakota said:

If this game was released on PS4/Xbox one and looked and performed as it does it would be absolutely slated.

Not sure. Fallout 3 and Skyrim ran like dogs when they first came out and I played them on PS3. In the case of Skyrim it took them literally months to fix it. I would still rank it as one of the best games ever, despite those issues.

Edited by hogso

45 minutes ago, Chindie said:

Yesterday.

Wow really haven't seen much hype about this with sales etc. I am going to see if there are any in stock when I go to shops later see if they aware sold out everywhere.

But £50 for a game is pathetic.  Whoever came up with this pricing strategy should be sacked

6 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Wow really haven't seen much hype about this with sales etc. I am going to see if there are any in stock when I go to shops later see if they aware sold out everywhere.

But £50 for a game is pathetic.  Whoever came up with this pricing strategy should be sacked

I'll be surprised if you do. The console has been sold-out of pre-orders for weeks. Last I heard the next shipment of consoles is in mid-April.

36 minutes ago, Daweii said:

I'll be surprised if you do. The console has been sold-out of pre-orders for weeks. Last I heard the next shipment of consoles is in mid-April.

Must be as if you look on eBay people are selling them on eBay for over £400. I don't think anyone is going to pay that with the limited amount of games on release 

I think this consoles sales are going to be a flop on launch

2 hours ago, Daweii said:

Loads of places in the UK have stock available.

Â