Nintendo Switch

Chindie

12 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

How's the emulation? A lot of people were complaining about input lag and some graphical issues like on Ocarina of Time for example:

Some of it like the online lag is overblown I imagine though.

To be honest I haven't played it yet :D 

I just upgraded because I pay for my sister's online (hence the family membership) and she was dying to play it

• 2 weeks later...

My son (age 9) has the original switch but has asked if he can have the new white OLED switch for Christmas. We were struggling for ideas anyway and also thought that our daughter (age 7) can have his old one after Christmas.

However, it looks like there is no stock anywhere? I’ve never encountered this kind of problem previously when buying stuff and we’re a little concerned now.  Is it likely that stock will be better in the next few weeks?

Is it worth us registering our interest somewhere so we receive stock notifications?

Any advice would be welcome. 

11 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

My son (age 9) has the original switch but has asked if he can have the new white OLED switch for Christmas. We were struggling for ideas anyway and also thought that our daughter (age 7) can have his old one after Christmas.

However, it looks like there is no stock anywhere? I’ve never encountered this kind of problem previously when buying stuff and we’re a little concerned now.  Is it likely that stock will be better in the next few weeks?

Is it worth us registering our interest somewhere so we receive stock notifications?

Don't buy from GAME online.

• Thanks 1

On 16/11/2021 at 14:56, ferguson1 said:

Not sure if this is useful: https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/nintendo-switch-oled-model-white-10-off-with-student-beans-code-3827423

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 05/12/2021 at 07:00, MellbergsBeard said:

Has anyone by any chance got Pokemon Let’s go and is willing to do evolution transfers for me?

I haven't played it in ages but I definitely have it so can help you out if we get the times to work. I'm on the other side of the world though so if someone else is able to they're probably the better option.

• 2 weeks later...

Picked up Skyward Sword HD last week.

Only put a couple of hours in but it's... strange

I'm enjoying it. It's still a Zelda game and I'm sure it's great. But it just feels... different. It feels like a Zelda game not made by Nintendo, like it was made by someone else.
Feels the same way Mario Sunshine felt. 

Even the way Link moves is just weird.

I've been scrolling back to see if anyone else played Skyward Sword on the switch and glad I found some that did.

On 19/07/2021 at 22:59, Chindie said:

Skyward Sword and BoTW are supposed to form parts of a loose trilogy iirc so I expect the sequel is going to link up (fnarr) somehow.

I can see this to be honest. not sure the stories tie in (although I'm very early in Skyward Sword) but you can clearly see some of the mechanics that find their way into breath of the wild. The stamina meter, the glider, the climbing. You can see the beginnings of BOTW there for sure

On 20/07/2021 at 10:32, Designer1 said:

Skyward Sword is easily the worst Zelda game I've ever played - absolutely hated the controls and the world just seemed so disjointed and bland.

On first impression I can see this too. I said above that it just feels very... different. The controls are ok, I don't like using the R stick to control the sword and having to hold L to move the camera, but I'm sure I'll get used to it.
But it's really hard to explain. It just doesn't feel like Zelda. Even the way Zelda interacts with Link is weird. Like she wants to bone him.

And everytime I see link "jump" it makes me want to turn the game off. It looks awful!

On 01/08/2021 at 17:38, Ingram85 said:

Really enjoying Skyward Sword HD. I’ve now got past the point I’d left it at years ago. At first holding L to control the camera was awkward but once you’ve clicked with it and it’s locked in the muscle memory it then lets you enjoy the game more and it’s great fun.  

On 01/08/2021 at 21:07, JB said:

I’ve just finished a play-through of it.

I had it on the Wii and really didn’t like it at the time. Nothing to do with the controls - I just thought it wasn’t very good. So much so that I wasn’t sure whether to get it for the Switch. But I could remember almost nothing about it so thought I’d give it another chance.

I’m so glad I did. I’ve absolutely loved it.

Don’t get me wrong, it’s far from perfect. It’s got lots of issues and takes some getting used to post-BotW but tackling dungeons again was so much fun that I’m considering playing it again straight away.

However I'm happy to see these quotes. I am enjoying it so far and good to hear the standard overall is good. Looking forward to properly getting into it

@Stevo985 I absolutely adore it but can also see why the mechanics, controls and design choices would make someone feel the complete opposite. I’m not going to pretend it’s a Zelda that everyone can enjoy because it blatantly isn’t it, it’s a very divisive game. But I kind of love how stubborn it is. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

@Stevo985 I absolutely adore it but can also see why the mechanics, controls and design choices would make someone feel the complete opposite. I’m not going to pretend it’s a Zelda that everyone can enjoy because it blatantly isn’t it, it’s a very divisive game. But I kind of love how stubborn it is. 

I'm going to put aside the fact it feels different and just try to enjoy it. Which I imagine I will.

It's the perfect game for me over the christmas period to be honest. I've been looking for something to sink my teeth into. I tried Hades and Super Mario Bros Wii U Deluxe (or whatever it's called) and neither really grabbed me. I'm sure Zelda will (it's Zelda after all!)

@Stevo985 have you tried the motion controls? The controls were designed around them in the original. It's not for everyone, but it might feel more cohesive.

It's probably my second or third favourite Zelda because it excels in the area I like most about Zelda games; the dungeons. It has probably the best set of dungeons in the series, but in addition it has the best soundtrack and story on top of it.

20 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

@Stevo985 have you tried the motion controls? The controls were designed around them in the original. It's not for everyone, but it might feel more cohesive.

It's probably my second or third favourite Zelda because it excels in the area I like most about Zelda games; the dungeons. It has probably the best set of dungeons in the series, but in addition it has the best soundtrack and story on top of it.

Nah I'm not interested in the motion controls to be honest.

The controls are fine, it's just not very intuitive using the stick for the sword. But I'm already getting the hang of it

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

Nah I'm not interested in the motion controls to be honest.

The controls are fine, it's just not very intuitive using the stick for the sword. But I'm already getting the hang of it

It's funny how things change. The 1:1 motion controls were mind-blowing in 2010 when it was announced. The industry really dropped the ball on motion controls in that generation and everyone is just kind of over it.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Keyblade said:

It's funny how things change. The 1:1 motion controls were mind-blowing in 2010 when it was announced. The industry really dropped the ball on motion controls in that generation and everyone is just kind of over it.

Yeah at the time I would have been fine with it. But these days I'm playing while lying on my bed, and I far prefer using the Pro controller than the joycons.

If motion controls were the only option then I'd go for it. But if I've got the option to just use the pro controller then I'll take it

Â