Nintendo Switch

Chindie

I’ve just finished a play-through of it.

I had it on the Wii and really didn’t like it at the time. Nothing to do with the controls - I just thought it wasn’t very good. So much so that I wasn’t sure whether to get it for the Switch. But I could remember almost nothing about it so thought I’d give it another chance.

I’m so glad I did. I’ve absolutely loved it.

Don’t get me wrong, it’s far from perfect. It’s got lots of issues and takes some getting used to post-BotW but tackling dungeons again was so much fun that I’m considering playing it again straight away.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Axiom Verge 2 released today!!! Holy ****, was only expecting a release date announcement. 

Edit: Eastward out mid September as well. Hoping that gets a physical at some point. 

No Silk Song update though 🙄

Edited by Ingram85
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
54 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

Has anyone ever played FIFA on a Switch? Bought my son a Switch earlier this year, and sold on my PS4 as never used it. I quite fancy casually playing FIFA in the Switch, being able to play handheld of an evening without abandoning the wife for hours! 

Bit of a visual downgrade but nothing major and some of the modes missing. Same basic game though. Get it on offer or second hand though.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ingram85 said:

Bit of a visual downgrade but nothing major and some of the modes missing. Same basic game though. Get it on offer or second hand though.

Yeah I expected graphics to be worse. Will have a look and see how much I can pick it up for. 

I’m assuming you can still play online leagues etc?

Edit - just read it’s only the legacy edition on Switch so will be ‘cheaper’, but not an issue as I’ve not played for a couple of editions 

Edited by villan-scott

12 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

Yeah I expected graphics to be worse. Will have a look and see how much I can pick it up for. 

I’m assuming you can still play online leagues etc?

Edit - just read it’s only the legacy edition on Switch so will be ‘cheaper’, but not an issue as I’ve not played for a couple of editions 

Double check re: Online stuff, FUT, Become a legend/Pro as not sure which modes are in which years game. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, MellbergsBeard said:

Can you buy the old pokemon games in online store or what not for the switch?

No. But there's a rumour that old Gameboy/Gameboy Color games will be coming to Nintendo Switch Online, which if you already have a subscription would be free to play. You'd think a couple of Pokemon games would be on there.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

No. But there's a rumour that old Gameboy/Gameboy Color games will be coming to Nintendo Switch Online, which if you already have a subscription would be free to play. You'd think a couple of Pokemon games would be on there.

Thank you,

in thinking about picking one up and looking for nostalgic reasons to push me towards it,

has anyone played football manager o the switch?

and what are the new Pokemon games like if anyone has played them?

I’ve dabbled with pokemon over the years and never really hit with any of them outside of the OG blue/red/yellow. Sun/Moon was ok. I think the best one Ive ever played was Detective Pikachu on 3ds. 

• Like 1

On 12/09/2021 at 15:01, MellbergsBeard said:

Thank you,

in thinking about picking one up and looking for nostalgic reasons to push me towards it,

has anyone played football manager o the switch?

and what are the new Pokemon games like if anyone has played them?

I'm slowly going through the Pokemon series, I played the first 3 generations as a kid but then stopped. Now I'm close to starting Black/White 2. Not sure what the new games are like but they don't look very enticing to me. I do like the look of Shining Diamond/Brilliant Pearl, the Gen 4 remakes that are coming out soon though. The problem with the new Pokemon games is they never go on sale. I very rarely if ever buy games at full price, and I don't think I can justify what look like weaker Pokemon games. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Check this site out mate. Set the region to UK and you can see all the deals currently out. You can setup notifications for games you're interested too so you know when they go on sale.

Thanks mate - awesome.

Thinking of getting it for my daughter - any recommendations for games? I was looking at Mario Kart and Animal Crossing

1 hour ago, omariqy said:

Thanks mate - awesome.

Thinking of getting it for my daughter - any recommendations for games? I was looking at Mario Kart and Animal Crossing

Those two, plus Luigis Mansion, Mario Odyssey, Mario Party... I mean anything Nintendo really will be suitable.

How old is she? If she's a bit older then Zelda might be worth a look. Maybe the remake of Link's Awakening as a starter as it's a bit more cartoony and simpler

3 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Those two, plus Luigis Mansion, Mario Odyssey, Mario Party... I mean anything Nintendo really will be suitable.

How old is she? If she's a bit older then Zelda might be worth a look. Maybe the remake of Link's Awakening as a starter as it's a bit more cartoony and simpler

She’s 6 going on 18

• Haha 1

Â